HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted Feb 15, 2015, 4:08 AM
Syndic's Avatar
Syndic Syndic is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Cedar Park, TX
Posts: 1,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarMike View Post
Same vantage point, but with The Catherine rising behind. I really think I'm going to like this project. With this and The Catherine, it's a nice little dense block.


I know, right? I've been saying how huge this project is for a while now. It's too bad they decided to elevate the sidewalk (nothing says "I want to be a part of Austin" like stairs and a fence) and (apparently) not put any retail in it, which really makes it divorced from the surrounding area. To me, it's really faux-urban if it doesn't have ground-floor retail (on the same level as the sidewalk). Anyway, it actually has the unremarkable name "422 at the Lake" now and here's the latest rendering from the website. It looks a little different than the original rendering they put out:



And while I'm at it, here's a little bit of a different rendering of Austin Proper that I pulled from the 500 West 2nd Street flipbook AusTxDevelopment posted the other day. It's a little small and hard to make out, but it looks better than the ones we originally saw, IMO. It doesn't have those ugly, confusing crisscrossing lines:

Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:19 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.