Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammn_guy
Maybe Canadian tire could move there.. if its big enough. That mountain rd location is getting way too cramped, very messy and quite often does not have sale stock. No room to grow there.
|
That is indeed an intriguing possibility for the old Target space. If Canadian Tire wanted a larger location for Moncton West, this could fit the bill. Another possibility is Lowe's. If Lowe's were ever to enter Atlantic Canada, they could also eat up that whole space too. I think that the presence of Kent in the region will make Lowe's think twice about moving east however, so I think this is unlikely.
Otherwise, I think the only option for the old Target space is to subdivide it for 3-4 other retailers.
At least the Northwest Centre has this option for repurposing. I think there are other Target locations in the region which will be in more dire straits.