Quote:
Originally Posted by osirisboy
Ugh book snob much? i know tons of people who read on e readers! Oh I guess that doesn't count towards "literary culture" for you?
|
By the way, how is buying a book on sale or a used book, say for 10 bucks from a local bookstore or Canadian company "snobbish", over buying a book on a $100 device (at least, never mind smartphones) for a ebook with a fixed price is very likely locked down with DRM and tied to the device or book app, and sold by a mega-company like Amazon who couldn't care less about local retail ? Sounds like the opposite is true. "Literary culture" could be a kid going to Kid's books and being introduced to reading, or a local author releasing his book locally, on a book on local matters. It doesn't mean high brow.
I do enjoy reading on my phone as much as I do paper. I just wish that either books came with the digital version, or somehow bookstores could sell digital versions. Right now its all just tied to large companies who couldn't care less about books.