Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodnorth
|
To me and the reading in between the lines of that article, they will not be opening another large store downtown.
IF that location's rent was untenable to be profitable, unless they are seeking a space way off the beaten track I don't see that happening. Of course this is just a gut feeling, but again if they are losing money every quarter there really is not point in continuing that expense or risking the shareholders money. Wouldn't be surprised if the Granville location was closed at the end of their lease there or if they can turn the lease itself into some cash.
I am actually very surprised that Canadian Tire/FGL would take a space like that but overall they are a very profitable company. It will be interesting to see how it performs especially considering Sport Check/Atmosphere is the worst performer on a sales per square foot out of the Canadian Tire brands. They have experienced strong growth and marginal increases in same store sales it seems however. FGL stores are averaging 285/foot on their last fiscal report.
I would love to know what the rent is for that space.