Quote:
Originally Posted by lubicon
Chief Pilot and the Sim instructor guys are the first ones that will go for training, those are the ones mentioned in the article. Line pilots won't go for awhile yet. There was apparently some delay with Transport Canada and all the paperwork from Qantas which held up delivery of the planes for a bit so I think they may be slightly behind schedule vs. where they had hoped to be. But looks like things are starting to come together now.
|
If I had a dime for every time I heard about Transport Canada paperwork delays, I could buy Westjet a 788.
Also, my understanding is that WS is leasing the aircraft from Boeing, so I wonder why Transport Canada would be involved in the aircraft side of things. I could see Transport being involved in the other aspects (e.g. operating manuals and Operating Certificate amendments) of the widebody introduction.
Finally with 9 months to go before first flight, I have every confidence that WS will meet the first flight date for 763.