I'm pretty sure I just captured what will go down in history as the finest photograph ever taken in Canada.
It's an especially poor neighbourhood of St. John's, on the fringes of the former Central Slum. It features some of the most poorly maintained examples of our hen cage rowhouses there is. And as an added bonus: crooked poles and lots of overhead wires. We all appreciate the aesthetic those provide.
And it was a grey, foggy day - which we all know is everyone's favourite type of weather. I lucked into that one.
And - to top it all off - it's a termination vista of sorts featuring what is undoubtedly one of the most admired buildings in North America, hell, the world: The Rooms.
You're welcome.
The view plane:
MOAR!
And, back in my neighbourhood, my little buddies (the above and below aren't far apart, but they are across neighbourhood lines. Mine is Rabbittown, above is Central). They always hang out around the home of a neighbour. I suppose he feeds them early in the morning.
Part of me wishes the city still allowed cross-street clotheslines. It must've looked worse but it would've added to the reality and the... acceptability... of the run-down-ness.
The central courtyard of some run-down block of flats in Europe always looks better with clothes strung about than without. It needs to be fancy for sterile to be suited.