Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley613
I'm surprised...Eric portrays himself as an advocate of a smart urban planning, yet arbitrarily denies the value of buildings over 'the low twenties' on Lebreton Flats at the nexus of two mass transit lines. I'm actually really surprised.
|
It seems his views have evolved over the last few years where this is the case. Perhaps his criticism stems from his proximity to these developments (these are in Dalhousie Ward).
He was one of the leading people on the Save Little Italy team opposing the side street buildings. One of his posts argued that the fake
Portofino in Florida was nicer than 95 Norman, and how this was an example of what we should have in Ottawa (the town looks so fake and dead, with architectural features merely being painted onto large concrete buildings shaped to look like a series of smaller ones). Then of course he criticized strip malls for trying to recreate old cities and towns with fake architecture, forgetting how he supported it here.
I find his content to be lacking, often just showing some small landscaping in other cities.