Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplicity
This is a nice story, but Rosa Parks it is not. This is pretty underwhelming content, but that lines up with the museums missions of being just on the cusp of actually discussing human rights, but not so much that you actually develop any dialogue about it.
|
I disagree about the significance of what these students accomplished. Outside of the classroom, the white and black student community has essentially remained segregated even 40 years after "integration". Nobody has caused change for all this time, until finally a , dare I say brave, group of young students - particularly Mareshia Rucker decided to actually do something about it instead of just paying lip service like everyone has for all these decades.
I say bravo to her, and this content is about as "cutting edge" as you can get in terms of human rights, and for that I'm now actually interested in seeing an exhibit in this museum (and not just for the building architecture).
I also think her visit and the press it has gotten is going to promote visitors to Winnipeg from a vast segment of the US population.