Quote:
Originally Posted by biguc
Because the city can't afford to service them.
|
I've read a page of responses to this proposed development already and in this particular case I still feel as I did with my 1st post, Why not this location in NW Winnipeg? I have no real problem with it.
As discussed already a build out in an already established neighborhood, with most services and surrounding infrastructure already in place, close to a hospital, malls, restaurants, schools, fire etc..a 8+ year timetable working within the demand as is needed in the categories of low, medium and higher density structures.
You know I prefer high density urban development and the benefits it provides to costs of servicing vs.more suburban oriented developments but I don't have any real issue with this one in comparison to mass of Southern developments taking place in the city.
It's a good boost for this somewhat forgotten area of Winnipeg.