Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unknown Poster
Im really aggravated today, moreso than usual.
I live in St Norbert. So the on-going, seemingly endless construction on South Pembina for the over-pass re-build is bad enough. But then they decided to close Waverly south of the Perimeter. This basically provides one way out of St Norbert (Pembina) and backs traffic way up Grandmont in the morning.
The Waverly construction appears virtually complete and Waverly looks like it could be used bothways but they keep it blocked. I've seen no one working on it since last week. Why not open it??
Not only is this inconvenient but if there was an emergency in St Norbert during rush hour, it wouldnt be easy to get out (though I suppose they could just drive the wrong way down Waverly). i've been tempted to shove the barricades aside.
|
I think a lot falls on the poor oversight of those doing the work by the city and by the incompetence of the companies the city hires to do the work.
My journey takes me down Henderson everyday and they have been working on resurfacing the north bound lanes of Henderson from McLeod to Springfield since July, 5 months to strip old asphalt, rebuild the curbs and some side-walks and the final asphalt has yet to be put down, unbelievable!