HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #10181  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2014, 1:59 PM
Private D Private D is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: D.C.
Posts: 3,058
Damn, it's getting all religion and race riots up in this —!

My 2 cents:

Millvale is so ghetto.

The thread needs to go in a different, more productive direction... BrianTH and I will now commence to hotly debate the pending destruction of the downtown Arby's for some stupid hotel. BrianTH thinks this a good thing and I love me some Arby's roast beef.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #10182  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2014, 2:10 PM
BrianTH BrianTH is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Private Dick View Post
BrianTH thinks this a good thing and I love me some Arby's roast beef.
—, that's a winning argument right there.

Random aside--I was actually in Boston recently and walked around Fan Pier. The views, particularly around the courthouse, are amazing.

From inside the courthouse:



That said--the view from the North Shore and South Shore in Pittsburgh are, in my view, just about as good. Boston just has better boats.

Last edited by BrianTH; Oct 28, 2014 at 3:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #10183  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2014, 4:20 PM
Austinlee's Avatar
Austinlee Austinlee is offline
Chillin' in The Burgh
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Spring Hill, Pittsburgh
Posts: 12,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinlee View Post
Evergrey is suspended right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoLith View Post
Why?
He was caught posting on City-Data.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #10184  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2014, 5:15 PM
TBone7281 TBone7281 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 686


Utility work behind the Terminal Building seems to be semi-wrapping up. 21st St. is open again and it looks like the continuation of Railroad Street is coming along pretty nicely.

PNC Tower has also gained some prominence since the last time I took a pic from this angle.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #10185  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2014, 10:51 PM
Austinlee's Avatar
Austinlee Austinlee is offline
Chillin' in The Burgh
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Spring Hill, Pittsburgh
Posts: 12,488
I took a couple pictures at the Pittsburgh Technology Center last week. The sign is dated as March 2014.
I personally am looking forward to seeing the center built out so that it is at optimum efficiency.

It looks like there will be room for 6 more buildings to go in along with a couple more parking garages. This will be a pretty awesome silicon valleyesque campus when compelted.




And this building is supposed to open 1/16.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #10186  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2014, 10:54 PM
Austinlee's Avatar
Austinlee Austinlee is offline
Chillin' in The Burgh
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Spring Hill, Pittsburgh
Posts: 12,488
For the last few days there has been construction workers on the roof of PNC Plaza. It's pretty cool to see. I don't have the best zoom but look at them walking around up there, 540ft in the air.



Reply With Quote
     
     
  #10187  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2014, 11:34 PM
photoLith's Avatar
photoLith photoLith is offline
Ex Houstonian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pittsburgh n’ at
Posts: 15,998
Sometimes when I drive back home and see the PNC Tower with the crane at sometimes a 180 degree angle makes me think the new tower would look really good with a spire.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #10188  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2014, 11:51 PM
Austinlee's Avatar
Austinlee Austinlee is offline
Chillin' in The Burgh
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Spring Hill, Pittsburgh
Posts: 12,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoLith View Post
Sometimes when I drive back home and see the PNC Tower with the crane at sometimes a 180 degree angle makes me think the new tower would look really good with a spire.
IMO, it's too short for a spire.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #10189  
Old Posted Oct 29, 2014, 2:46 AM
eschaton eschaton is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 5,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinlee View Post
He was caught posting on City-Data.
I know you get your posts altered on city data if you link here, but I didn't realize the feud was two way.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #10190  
Old Posted Oct 29, 2014, 3:22 AM
Austinlee's Avatar
Austinlee Austinlee is offline
Chillin' in The Burgh
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Spring Hill, Pittsburgh
Posts: 12,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
I know you get your posts altered on city data if you link here, but I didn't realize the feud was two way.
Yes, Evergrey was taken out back and shot after he was caught. RIP. He had a good run.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #10191  
Old Posted Oct 29, 2014, 3:24 AM
photoLith's Avatar
photoLith photoLith is offline
Ex Houstonian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pittsburgh n’ at
Posts: 15,998
Posting on city data is almost as bad as posting on SSC. Both will get you Automatically banned here.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #10192  
Old Posted Oct 29, 2014, 10:13 AM
qwho's Avatar
qwho qwho is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoLith View Post
Posting on city data is almost as bad as posting on SSC. Both will get you Automatically banned here.
So, I thought you guys were joking. You're not?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #10193  
Old Posted Oct 29, 2014, 3:59 PM
photoLith's Avatar
photoLith photoLith is offline
Ex Houstonian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pittsburgh n’ at
Posts: 15,998
No completely serious.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #10194  
Old Posted Oct 29, 2014, 4:55 PM
WillyC WillyC is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 100
yay, e-p33n measuring contests. Two swinging dicks trying to hit each other, except usually they just hurt everyone else.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #10195  
Old Posted Oct 29, 2014, 5:08 PM
themaguffin themaguffin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,312
Quote:
He was caught posting on City-Data.
Huh?

I know this was asked already, but that's a joke right?

I would add that beyond the many juvenile comments on that site, there politics forum is quite an extreme gutter of extremism. It's very disturbing, as is how it is handled (or not handled).

Yes I know that I'm digressing, but having recently been exposed to it, I just have to say to you all, watch out for that craziness.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #10196  
Old Posted Oct 30, 2014, 1:17 AM
AaronPGH's Avatar
AaronPGH AaronPGH is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: PGH
Posts: 1,801
CD totally blows, but I feel obligated for some reason to stick around there and post either 1) meaningful content to balance or 2) troll the — out of people.

SSR is my least favorite, somehow. Go figure, another gay man.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #10197  
Old Posted Oct 30, 2014, 12:15 PM
BrianTH BrianTH is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,078
I used to spend a lot of time on CD, but I just couldn't handle all the trolls and near-trolls (not Aaron, he's fine). That's frustrating because I feel like it serves a very useful function for visitors and newcomers, but I also feel I more than did my part to serve that mission, and also put in more than enough time dealing with the trolls and near-trolls.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #10198  
Old Posted Oct 30, 2014, 1:00 PM
BrianTH BrianTH is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,078
The Energy Innovation Center (located in the former Connelley Tech building in the Lower Hill, which is being renovated) and CCAC have formed a partnership, and classes are supposed to begin soon in parts of the building:

http://triblive.com/business/headlines/7054238-74/energy-center-industry#axzz3HdGnQnWp

I hope this is a big success. And the location is great, and should only get better once the Lower Hill is developed. There are a couple cool pictures at the link above, and here is a rendering:



More renderings here:

http://eicpittsburgh.org/multimedia/

And even more photos here:

http://www.dlaplus.com/blog/?p=18
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #10199  
Old Posted Oct 30, 2014, 1:23 PM
GeneW GeneW is offline
Northsider
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 657
Grants Management Software to Replace Spreadsheets in City Budget Office

This is the kind of stuff that I like to see. Both the emphasis on applying for grants and setting up a system for tracking them. You have a feeling that the city could have gotten so much more money for projects in the past if anyone in the previous administration had bothered to fill our the forms to apply for grants.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #10200  
Old Posted Oct 30, 2014, 2:40 PM
AaronPGH's Avatar
AaronPGH AaronPGH is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: PGH
Posts: 1,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneW View Post
Grants Management Software to Replace Spreadsheets in City Budget Office

This is the kind of stuff that I like to see. Both the emphasis on applying for grants and setting up a system for tracking them. You have a feeling that the city could have gotten so much more money for projects in the past if anyone in the previous administration had bothered to fill our the forms to apply for grants.
There is some serious heavy lifting going on in the background of city government right now. I really hope the residents of PGH are able to experience and appreciate the results of these things in some tangible way, because they are all such important moves.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:37 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.