I think this tower was likely designed to be 232m give or take a pixel or two but what we haven't seen is the 30m spire they're going to tack on to get the height above BP.
I guess I'm easily pleased for this location. I would settle for anything that guarantees I never have to step foot that putrid vomit smelling garden centre tent that goes up there every Stampede ever again.
I would honestly be just as excited by a Bianca Amor Liquidation Supercentre.
Seriously though, I like the terraces provided they are put to some productive use even if only privately.
Spring2008: Your right!! I'm pissed! F--king Spires... When did they add this F--king "Goal Post" on top? Copy-cats... Looks like a couple of buildings in Melbourne!
Spring2008: Your right!! I'm pissed! F--king Spires... When did they add this F--king "Goal Post" on top? Copy-cats... Looks like a couple of buildings in Melbourne!
Not sure if this is the final version, but even if it is, the scale looks way off. This looks shorter than the Bow, but makes EAP East(which looks like the tallest building in the city from the west) look tiny.
Spring2008: Your right!! I'm pissed! F--king Spires... When did they add this F--king "Goal Post" on top? Copy-cats... Looks like a couple of buildings in Melbourne!
Yeah, the plaza/podium and just overall street interaction is abysmal. I mean, I know we all love The Bow and Wonderland, but do we really want another windswept fuckhole with a couple of benches and a statue? No. A publicly engaging plaza is needed for this location in the centre of the CBD, end of story.
Great news about the proposal though, we seem to have gotten confirmation from both the render (being 2.66x taller than 520 5th) and from both CorporateWhore and Silent Bob's sources saying that it is indeed taller then BP and The Bow. Hopefully what we've seen is preliminary, that said I actually like the tower design now, just not the podium.