Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelcowboy
Maybe someone can help me out on this one. I recently found out that Kelowna Flightcraft was unsuccessful in retaining the Purolator contract and CargoJet has been awarded it, effective March 2015. All this happened in February of this year. KF flies in their 727's twice daily Monday til Friday (no evening flights from here Friday night). My question is; are both flights for Purolator? as one of the loads at the FedEx terminal here in Moncton. A few years back FedEx lost a contract either to Purolator or KF for hauling DHL?? if i'm not mistaken. I was just wondering if we will lose both 727's or will it only be one of them as the one 727 will continue to load at the FedEx. I certainly hope that's the case, Cargojet has already phased out the ole sleek freighter in favour of the 757 
Both KF and CargoJet have the announcementals of the Purolator / Canada Post contract on their websites.
|
As an
insider I can't divulge 100% of my knowledge but here is a summary:
Puro used to carry UPS on their aircraft here...not anymore. They still carry Canada Post however (both government owned in a way). DHL never flew with FedEx, we only carry our own stuff. CargoJet currently flies UPS freight around these parts.
Puro has decided to contract out its flight operations as it was way too costly (maintenance) to keep their own fleet...They are not able to purchase newer aircraft at this time either...the reasons for that part I wont comment on for aforementioned reasons.
The new arrangement will see CargoJet carrying pretty much everyone but us (FedEx). So Canada Post, Puro and UPS...I dont know if they carry any DHL but they likely do.
You can guess I'm sure this would be impossible with a single 757 so they will have to step up to at least a 767 I'd say.
Our ramp will be a lot quieter with the loss of the noisy ol Puro 727s...