I hope they follow through with it, we desperately need more light in our skyline. You can barely see it in night shots! Lighting is something I really noticed in Montreal, it was very well done.
The lighting feature will be nixed because the residents at Shangri-La will inevitably complain.
The lighting feature will be nixed because the residents at Shangri-La will inevitably complain.
That's what I'm worried about. Isn't the whole point of downtown living to be surrounded by noise, lights and excitement? I'll never understand downtown nimbys. There are plenty of tower in park developments available in the region if you want a quiet condo lifestyle.
Can't they just lower the brightness later at night? And use RGB lights that change color individually making patterns going up and down the building instead of harsh white light? A dull glow at night would still look pretty nice without disturbing anyone in the surrounding buildings.
OK, OK, as long as it's done with taste and not Las Vegas Tack
Agree with that- fine line between adding nighttime interest to a skyline and introducing a bunch of tacky lighting elements. I think we already have a good example of a tacky element on display on the top of l'Hermitage. The models of the Trump look nice with the white accents down the balconies in my opinion.
Agree with that- fine line between adding nighttime interest to a skyline and introducing a bunch of tacky lighting elements. I think we already have a good example of a tacky element on display on the top of l'Hermitage. The models of the Trump look nice with the white accents down the balconies in my opinion.
Thank you, yes. I think multi-colored lights would look too glitzy and tacky.
Beautiful pictures of the Trump. Thanks Klazu and Locked In. BTW, trofirhen, I was just teasing when I said "Vegas might be coming to Vancouver's skyline"....but seriously,...the multi lighting that I am suggesting isn't to be all at once (like a Christmas tree etc.) but rather a single strip of light that can change colours (on demand). Century Blvd. leading to LAX (airport) in L.A. has some lighted columns that periodically exhibit change in the form of slowly merging hues on a colour spectrum.
Beautiful pictures of the Trump. Thanks Klazu and Locked In. BTW, trofirhen, I was just teasing when I said "Vegas might be coming to Vancouver's skyline"....but seriously,...the multi lighting that I am suggesting isn't to be all at once (like a Christmas tree etc.) but rather a single strip of light that can change colours (on demand). Century Blvd. leading to LAX (airport) in L.A. has some lighted columns that periodically exhibit change in the form of slowly merging hues on a colour spectrum.
lougheed and galardi in burnaby have light changing columns
I walked by today and you cannot really see it from the photos, but damn this thing is getting tall! It is about to pass that normal "Vancouver height" and starting to feel like something out of Toronto. I am overall very pleased with how this shaping up to be.