HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #221  
Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 2:54 PM
Pavlov's Avatar
Pavlov Pavlov is offline
Khan
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Posts: 5,024
At what time is ye olde unveiling set to take place this evening?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #222  
Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 3:09 PM
Surrealplaces's Avatar
Surrealplaces Surrealplaces is offline
Editor
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cowtropolis
Posts: 20,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.E.Pennypacker View Post
Today's the day! Much excitement!!

I'd be interested in taking Chad's tickets and meeting up for a drink after but my girlfriend has some family in town staying at our house ... Not sure if I have the luxury of leaving the house for this without repercussions
All the more reason to get out of the house!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #223  
Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 3:13 PM
Surrealplaces's Avatar
Surrealplaces Surrealplaces is offline
Editor
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cowtropolis
Posts: 20,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans Canada View Post
How about Original Joe's on Stephen Ave? Half-price wine on Thursdays.

Surreal, you might be able to get tickets from someone here who can't make it. I think Chad said he booked tickets but might be working.
I'm good with that.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #224  
Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 3:21 PM
Surrealplaces's Avatar
Surrealplaces Surrealplaces is offline
Editor
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cowtropolis
Posts: 20,273
I managed to pick up a ticket - Thanks Cabbage! so I'll be attending.....and will be game for a pint afterwards.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #225  
Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 3:31 PM
CorporateWhore's Avatar
CorporateWhore CorporateWhore is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 4,685
Can you guys just make sure to post an image for the rest of us before you go and get sloshed?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #226  
Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 3:45 PM
Jimby's Avatar
Jimby Jimby is offline
not a NIMBY
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 8,796
Are phones and cameras allowed at this event?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #227  
Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 3:47 PM
Bigtime's Avatar
Bigtime Bigtime is offline
Very tall. Such Scrape.
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 17,727
I would think so, but I've heard they are keeping a pretty tight wrap on things for the local media. So at best we will get photos from the event and no official handouts.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #228  
Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 3:56 PM
Boris2k7's Avatar
Boris2k7 Boris2k7 is offline
Majestic
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Calgary
Posts: 11,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateWhore View Post
Can you guys just make sure to post an image for the rest of us before you go and get sloshed?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #229  
Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 4:04 PM
sync's Avatar
sync sync is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,755
my ticket says 530.

i don't know if that's just when the doors open or when the even actually gets underway.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #230  
Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 4:05 PM
Calgarian's Avatar
Calgarian Calgarian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 25,231
OJ's works for me, see you guys at the unveiling.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #231  
Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 4:11 PM
Surrealplaces's Avatar
Surrealplaces Surrealplaces is offline
Editor
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cowtropolis
Posts: 20,273
I'll see you there Calgarian. I don't know if Sync or Transcanada have met any of the other forumers, so just keep an eye out for a small group of excited nerds.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #232  
Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 4:12 PM
Spring2008 Spring2008 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lower Mount Royal, Calgary
Posts: 5,147
Can't wait to see these renders. Lucky here in Calgary. Here are some of the global artists and designers/groups we've seen over the past handful of years:

-Norman Foster
-Bjarke Ingels
-Juame Plensa
-Snohetta
-Santiago Calatrava
-SOM
-Woods Bagot
-RTKL

Keep them coming
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #233  
Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 4:17 PM
MasterG's Avatar
MasterG MasterG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,820
bt04ku and I will also be there. I suspect others have a better camera than me so I will leave the posting to other
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #234  
Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 4:35 PM
flamesfan101 flamesfan101 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by sync View Post
my ticket says 530.

i don't know if that's just when the doors open or when the even actually gets underway.
My understanding is doors open at 5:30 with the event kicking off at 6:00
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #235  
Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 4:56 PM
Full Mountain's Avatar
Full Mountain Full Mountain is offline
YIMBY
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterG View Post
bt04ku and I will also be there. I suspect others have a better camera than me so I will leave the posting to other
Screw quality we want to see this thing the second it's unveiled.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #236  
Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 5:01 PM
MasterG's Avatar
MasterG MasterG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Mountain View Post
Screw quality we want to see this thing the second it's unveiled.
I'll do my best

I'll probably have to knock over a few other SSPers unbeknownst to me to get to the front of the frothing nerd-pile around the model for the first pic.

It'll be a scramble but I will do my best!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #237  
Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 5:05 PM
Surrealplaces's Avatar
Surrealplaces Surrealplaces is offline
Editor
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cowtropolis
Posts: 20,273
I would have liked to have brought my good camera, but I will have to head straight down there from work, which means I'll be using my iPhone.

I'm sure there will be pics galore.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #238  
Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 5:35 PM
RyLucky's Avatar
RyLucky RyLucky is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,498
I don't think I've ever been this excited for an unveiling since Telus Sky. I remember the feeling:

-making a mental note of the date/time of unveiling
-pressing reload of SSP every 5 minutes around said time
-complete satisfaction with all my expectations surpassed

Hope it's the same tonight!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #239  
Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 5:56 PM
sync's Avatar
sync sync is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan101 View Post
My understanding is doors open at 5:30 with the event kicking off at 6:00
good to know as i will be cutting it close as is!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #240  
Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 5:59 PM
Calgarian's Avatar
Calgarian Calgarian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 25,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Mountain View Post
Screw quality we want to see this thing the second it's unveiled.
Live stream to SSP? lol
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:00 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.