Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller
|
its not a bad price all things considered but it sounds like the best way would be to sell both parcels and then they will build new.
They could probably command 65/ft for that space i would guess as is especially with Patagonia taking the space on the corner. I am surprised they haven't tried to parcel more of the units on that block.
---
In other news Retail Insider is reporting that Sporting Life is looking for space in Vancouver in the 30-50k feet range. I have heard about their national expansion plans for a few years now from a few of my contacts. I am a little skeptical about their entry into the Vancouver market as they are largely an Ontario thing with an expansion into other provinces on the way after Fairfax dumped a pile of money into them. I can't see them taking that sort of space in downtown Vancouver, maybe in west/north van or maybe as part of the brentwood revamp. It will be interesting to see if people shop there in the end.