So I walked to the bank today and decided to take some pics of the developments in downtown East Liberty and along Ellsworth ave. here are the updates:
Ace Hotel

still no real change from the exterior. No windows installed yet.
East Liberty Place South

Brick is beginning to go up over the insulation.
Hotel Indigo

Looks like the masonry is just about finished. Onto windows and interior work now. I am actually really disappointed with this. All the new construction is incredibly bland. The only interesting side is from the courtyard they are creating.
Alpha 1
http://www.alphabetcityco.com/content/alpha-i-pittsburgh-east-liberty-pa
Yen's has closed but no work seems to have happened to the buildings.
Eastside III
http://www.designcollective.com/portfolio/project/the-mosites-company--eastside-iii-redevelopment/
One story of parking is complete. It is amazing just how much land was here to be developed. This is going to be absolutely transformational.
Motor Square Garden dome restoration

Restoration work continues on the Dome. While i hate the current use for this building, I have to commend AAA for keeping the building up.
"Articulations" building

Well it looks like they finished, Zhang's moved in. The sign is hilariously painted, only being upstaged by the plastic brick on the second story.
Demolition on Ellsworth next to Petagogy

This old brick building is being demolished. I talked to a guy there and apparently it is coming down and a new 2 or 3 story building begin built in its place. It will have a store front and the guy that is building it will live on the top floors. While it 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 to loose a building like this it has obviously been neglected for quite some time and I was looking at the wood they were pulling out and it was all charred. Was there a fire here a while ago? If so the building may not be salvageable.