HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley


    Metroplace in the SkyscraperPage Database

• Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Burnaby Skyscraper Diagram

• Map Location

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #261  
Old Posted Jun 11, 2014, 5:19 PM
Jazenn Jazenn is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1
Does anyone know when this project will complete?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #262  
Old Posted Jun 27, 2014, 5:44 AM
vanman's Avatar
vanman vanman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 6,487
Update by me taken today.











Bonus pic from Burnaby Mountain.


Last edited by vanman; Jun 27, 2014 at 6:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #263  
Old Posted Jun 27, 2014, 4:27 PM
idunno idunno is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 956
I think this building is amazing. Its height and its slimness give it a great profile, and the white concrete band is a great identifier from all around Metro Vancouver. Can't wait for the rest of the buildings to go up down the street.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #264  
Old Posted Jun 27, 2014, 4:39 PM
LeftCoaster's Avatar
LeftCoaster LeftCoaster is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toroncouver
Posts: 13,164
Great update, what a sharp looking building. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #265  
Old Posted Jun 27, 2014, 4:50 PM
faston faston is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 81
Very distinctive building. I like it! Great pics, thanks.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #266  
Old Posted Jun 27, 2014, 6:45 PM
AudiA3 AudiA3 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 243
This tower is sick.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #267  
Old Posted Jun 27, 2014, 6:49 PM
red-paladin red-paladin is offline
Vancouver Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 3,626
Walking under the skytrain guideway between the Metrotowers and Metroplace, seeing the Silver and Station Square towers going up and imagining the extensive skytrain station rebuild, this location screams "You ARE downtown!"
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #268  
Old Posted Jun 28, 2014, 1:41 AM
Tetsuo Tetsuo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,382
Any news on the retail front?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #269  
Old Posted Jun 28, 2014, 7:25 PM
trofirhen trofirhen is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 9,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiA3 View Post
This tower is sick.
In what way, please?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #270  
Old Posted Jun 29, 2014, 6:11 AM
Nites Nites is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Surrey, BC
Posts: 1,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by trofirhen View Post
In what way, please?
Come on man.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #271  
Old Posted Jun 29, 2014, 11:09 AM
trofirhen trofirhen is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 9,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster View Post
Come on man.
I simply wanted to know why it is so bad, in the opinion of AudiaA3. I think the building is OK, and a lot of people seem to like it.
Just wanted to know what elements(s) render it "sick," that's all.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #272  
Old Posted Jun 29, 2014, 2:01 PM
Infrequent Poster Infrequent Poster is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by trofirhen View Post
I simply wanted to know why it is so bad, in the opinion of AudiaA3. I think the building is OK, and a lot of people seem to like it.
Just wanted to know what elements(s) render it "sick," that's all.
I think this is a case of you not understanding slang, "sick" in this context is a good thing. I'll try to give you a (bad) example using stereotypes.

Lets say there are two snowboarders/surfers. One of said pair catches a huge jump off a cliff/wave, meeting back up with his/her partner after landing the jump perfectly he/she says with a huge smile on his/her face "Dude!! That was Sick!!!" The other replies "Dude!! That was some sick hang time!!!" "Bro I know!!! That was the sickest jump I've landed all year!!!" Just then an onlooker from the beach/chairlift who witnessed the amazing feat yells "He brah(slang for bro, which is slang for brother), you're a sick snowboarder/surfer, that was some sick 🞵🞵🞵🞵 dude" The snowboarder/surfer replies "Thanks dude, that was a sick assed jump eh(I put in eh because in my imaginary story these people are in either whistler or tofino.)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #273  
Old Posted Jun 29, 2014, 5:48 PM
casper's Avatar
casper casper is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria
Posts: 12,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infrequent Poster View Post
I think this is a case of you not understanding slang, "sick" in this context is a good thing. I'll try to give you a (bad) example using stereotypes.

Lets say there are two snowboarders/surfers. One of said pair catches a huge jump off a cliff/wave, meeting back up with his/her partner after landing the jump perfectly he/she says with a huge smile on his/her face "Dude!! That was Sick!!!" The other replies "Dude!! That was some sick hang time!!!" "Bro I know!!! That was the sickest jump I've landed all year!!!" Just then an onlooker from the beach/chairlift who witnessed the amazing feat yells "He brah(slang for bro, which is slang for brother), you're a sick snowboarder/surfer, that was some sick 🞵🞵🞵🞵 dude" The snowboarder/surfer replies "Thanks dude, that was a sick assed jump eh(I put in eh because in my imaginary story these people are in either whistler or tofino.)
I am now concerned that makes perfect sense to me as Canadian English (ok maybe West Coast Canadian English) and I don't even surf or snowboard.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #274  
Old Posted Jun 29, 2014, 7:03 PM
Infrequent Poster Infrequent Poster is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
I am now concerned that makes perfect sense to me as Canadian English (ok maybe West Coast Canadian English) and I don't even surf or snowboard.
Thats sick!!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #275  
Old Posted Jul 23, 2014, 10:11 PM
Delirium's Avatar
Delirium Delirium is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,227
looks great especially from this angle -

Photo by Aion https://www.flickr.com/photos/120416953@N04/14135460994/sizes/l/
__________________
My Flickr: www.flickr.com/oct2gon
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #276  
Old Posted Jul 23, 2014, 10:20 PM
Pinion Pinion is offline
See ya down under, mates
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infrequent Poster View Post
I think this is a case of you not understanding slang, "sick" in this context is a good thing.
Pretty sure it's just autism.

Gnarly 'phors though brosef
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #277  
Old Posted Aug 18, 2014, 1:33 AM
Locked In's Avatar
Locked In Locked In is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,977
Went by Metroplace in person for the first time in a while, and it looks terrific IMO. My photos from today:







__________________
My Flickr Photostream
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #278  
Old Posted Aug 20, 2014, 1:27 AM
Nites Nites is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Surrey, BC
Posts: 1,558
Looks complete.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #279  
Old Posted Aug 20, 2014, 1:39 AM
Infrequent Poster Infrequent Poster is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 613
I'm loving the new buildings being built in Burnaby. They are tall, beefy and as such, have a real presence on the area.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #280  
Old Posted Aug 20, 2014, 2:22 AM
logan5's Avatar
logan5 logan5 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mt.Pleasant - The New Downtown South
Posts: 8,181
Has anybody moved into the retail units?
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:49 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.