Quote:
Originally Posted by jubguy3
I visited your city! I'd like to compliment you guys on a beautiful city and ill basically post where i went and post my transit comments in the transit dev thread.
I took a train from dry creek to union station (which is awesome! i love the canopy even though it isnt done and it feels very significant to LoDo) and then headed up the 16th street mall (which is very vibrant and cool, i think its a good model for other cities although SLC's street size and block pattern as well as existing development would make a transit mall here very hard to achieve) to the state capitol (restoration is nice!) and then back down 16th to catch a 20 bus out to the science and nature museum (kids...) and then back to 16th and then to union. It did feel like the skyline was spread out but i do like denvers skyline as it isnt as linear as SLC's (all high rises here are within roughly a 2500 foot wide corridor by 5000 although otherwise almost all the high rises are within roughly 1500 feet of eachother wide instead of 2500) and it was beautiful from city park. I do have something that i know wont sit well with you guys... the denver skyline doesnt have the beautiful mountain backdrop that SLC's skyline does. Our mountains are roughly a 10 minute drive on local streets or a 3 minute drive on I-80 to their bases and residents here are much closer to the mountains. The oquirrhs in the west salt lake valley look as big as denvers rocky mountains from their respective CBD's. The thing you guys benefit from that is that your air isnt 🞵🞵🞵🞵 filled in the winter and you dont have geographical constrains meaning that your front range isnt roughly 18 miles by 90 miles.
Otherwise, you have a beautiful city and i will look forward to visiting again! P.S. modmarket is good
|
Nice review, however, a skyline is not what makes a city. I'm curious how your 'urban' experience went.
Speaking of urban, I think Verve (15th and Delgany) came out very nice!
Union Station:
Verve Final Update
via
DenverInfill