Quote:
Originally Posted by connect2source
Great shot to also mark the 20th anniversary of the first flight of the 777 on June 12, 1994.
Love the new Air New Zealand livery as well!!
|
I was just reading about the
777x (like 787 with similar range and efficiency, but double the passengers, arriving beginning 2019/2020) in light of
Emirates' Airbus cancellation (when does a slope become a fall for the A350+380.)
Obviously I'm happy to see Lufthansa, ANZ, and ANA next to each other which feels like a new development. But, with more new planes in service and connections that are growing as well I was musing optimistically on the future for YVR (passenger) and YPR (cargo) as the global air traffic network consolidates into a new set of hubs.
As for the Chinese legation, Canada is finally formally announcing the Northern Gateway approval. Planning became serious by December and don't be surprised by a shift to Prince Rupert if that is announced as well. We'll have to wait and see what smaller announcements might accompany the package.