Quote:
Originally Posted by terrynorthend
Hey, anybody have any insight into what the heck this is all about?? From CBC:
Chinese Investment in NS
Read the whole article and watch the little video thingy. First I've heard of such.
|
This is really weird a Real estate company with no experience in the film industry that wants to use it for tourism. Wants to build a Film Production Company, Cruise ships, Information technology development centres, Maga huge resort with miniature world famous towns and monuments from Czech. Italy, Nertherlands ,Paris. That weird Crystal City!?!? whatever the hell that is.
The video starts of with a zoom in of Halifax "This is the environment the DDI observe of the current times in Nova Scotia." It looks nothing like Halifax. I'm sceptical how much tourism movies could bring to Nova Scotia sure The Lord Of Rings brought a bit more to New Zeeland but its one of the biggest mythologies and trilogies in History with 100's of billions in a budget for each film and its mostly stunning landscapes of New Zeeland. This is a real estate company with no experience in the film industry I'm not sure how they can just snap their fingers and expect Chinese blockbusters to be filmed here, even if one of chinas shittastic highest grossing movies ever The Monkey King
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCj-XP5cjOY was filmed here I don't think it would draw people to come here
The DDI gourps tourism video shown here
http://en.ddigroup.com.cn/ is really weird and shows the Rockey Mountains around Indian Harbour Lake, I'm sceptical if half of those shorts were taken in Nova Scotia
More than anything I'm weirded out by this mega huge Crystal City proposal they alluded to at the end of the CBC video that seems to be a new city the size of New York. Like thats going to happen. Its Typical Chinese developer thinking though build whole new cities in their country that are going to sit mostly abandoned for decades and now they want to do it in other parts of the world.
They seem a bit delusional in what they hope to achieve and misleading and fictional in what their intentions are. China has had a huge influx of development of replica towns and resorts of in their country of europe it a huge thing developers keep doing and its been a colossal failure, they are all pretty much ghost towns. I'm not sure whos going to Fly to Nova Scotia to see replicas Czech. Italy, Nertherlands , Paris, ect... when they could go to those places.