HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #2361  
Old Posted May 22, 2014, 4:23 PM
North_Regina_Boy North_Regina_Boy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Regina, SK (formerly Saskatoon)
Posts: 1,474
Bathroom Fixtures old 123 new 861... I think we will be able to have a good bathroom experience.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2362  
Old Posted May 22, 2014, 4:23 PM
HomeInMyShoes's Avatar
HomeInMyShoes HomeInMyShoes is offline
arf
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: File 13
Posts: 14,625
Woo!
__________________

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2363  
Old Posted May 22, 2014, 4:26 PM
Devon Devon is offline
Regina SK
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Saskatoon via Regina
Posts: 643
I'm into it! I think one important thing to remember as well, this is in a city of barely over 200,000 in Canada. That's impressive in its own right.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2364  
Old Posted May 22, 2014, 4:27 PM
FrankieFlowerpot's Avatar
FrankieFlowerpot FrankieFlowerpot is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,478
Congrats guys - it's a beauty
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2365  
Old Posted May 22, 2014, 4:27 PM
North_Regina_Boy North_Regina_Boy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Regina, SK (formerly Saskatoon)
Posts: 1,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon View Post
I'm into it! I think one important thing to remember as well, this is in a city of barely over 200,000 in Canada. That's impressive in its own right.
Haha yea, 200,000 and a stadium that rivals a lot of US stadiums very impressive. (Not in seating capacity) but overall design.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2366  
Old Posted May 22, 2014, 4:29 PM
North_Regina_Boy North_Regina_Boy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Regina, SK (formerly Saskatoon)
Posts: 1,474
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2367  
Old Posted May 22, 2014, 4:33 PM
Dan0myte Dan0myte is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 927
They went with the North-South field design! There were questions about whether that would actually happen or not, so it's good to see that. Definitely evens out the sunlight on the seating so there's not going to be a "Shady side" and a "Sunny side" anymore like at Taylor Field.

Anyone else think the spectator roof looks like two fingers pointing at the Mosaic sign?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2368  
Old Posted May 22, 2014, 4:35 PM
Dan0myte Dan0myte is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 927
There's the existing park to the west of the stadium. Looks like it should integrate nicely. The Cathedral neighbourhood & Sask Drive were poorly rendered, but that's neither here nor there.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2369  
Old Posted May 22, 2014, 4:37 PM
Devon Devon is offline
Regina SK
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Saskatoon via Regina
Posts: 643
I had to cut the video short, any word on materials?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2370  
Old Posted May 22, 2014, 4:41 PM
North_Regina_Boy North_Regina_Boy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Regina, SK (formerly Saskatoon)
Posts: 1,474
Yes the external rendered buildings could of been better. But hey that's not the focus AT ALL. I think they have, for the price and population, delivered a design that is steller! Can't wait to get my season tickets and to be there for the first Rider game!

Make it VS Winnipeg or Calgary please CFL!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2371  
Old Posted May 22, 2014, 4:42 PM
Dan0myte Dan0myte is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 927
For those mentioning four cranes would be used, you are correct!

http://newmosaicstadium.com/article_facts.php
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2372  
Old Posted May 22, 2014, 4:44 PM
Festivus Festivus is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,285
The sign/screen definitely looks a little small and out of proportion, but maybe that will change in the construction process.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2373  
Old Posted May 22, 2014, 4:47 PM
Crisis's Avatar
Crisis Crisis is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,333
I think it looks fantastic! Far nicer than what I was expecting. Looks like the "roof ready" idea has been dropped, which is fine by me. Does anyone know what material is being used for the canopies? Tough to tell from the rendering if it is fabric, metal mesh or plastic.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2374  
Old Posted May 22, 2014, 4:49 PM
Dan0myte Dan0myte is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
I think it looks fantastic! Far nicer than what I was expecting. Looks like the "roof ready" idea has been dropped, which is fine by me. Does anyone know what material is being used for the canopies? Tough to tell from the rendering if it is fabric, metal mesh or plastic.
The site elludes to it being a clear, solid material. My assumption is something near plexiglass but maybe less translucent.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2375  
Old Posted May 22, 2014, 4:55 PM
wacko wacko is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 419
The average concourse width in the new stadium is 30 feet, as compared to 25 feet in Mosaic Stadium. Average seat width will be 20 inches in general admission seating, compared to the current 18" in the grandstands. Average distance between rows will be 33 inches, compared to the old 28" (west) or 30" (east). And 38 restrooms with 861 fixtures, compared to 22 restrooms in Mosaic Stadium.

There's a lot to like about this stadium. The design I think is elegant and modern. Sunken bowl too, with 68% of seating below grade. If this is what can be built within the given budget and timeframe, I'm definitely on board for it. Really glad that we have an experienced architectural company for this one; that's probably the biggest step ahead of Winnipeg.

My main concern would be the relative lack of extra space to expand (unless the scoreboard at the south end can be moved back and raised higher?). I'm assuming the standing room space at the south end can be easily converted to seating areas for Grey Cups. I'm also a little surprised that only a few more accessible seating spaces were added.

I also wonder whether the stadium can be fully completed by spring 2017; that's a pretty tight timeline. Better get cracking, boys!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2376  
Old Posted May 22, 2014, 5:00 PM
North_Regina_Boy North_Regina_Boy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Regina, SK (formerly Saskatoon)
Posts: 1,474
Well they have the completion set for August 2016. So they have time on-hand if they have overruns. And Construction (piles and such) will start next month. So I think that their time frame is much more conservative than Winnipeg's was. Didn't Winnipeg state a year to complete?

Also I am curious to find out about Club Seating! Me want one of those seats!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2377  
Old Posted May 22, 2014, 5:07 PM
wacko wacko is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 419
Really? August 2016 to get most of the work done, other than turf and finishing touches? That'll be pretty impressive, if they can do it. I seem to recall Winnipeg took three years to get a two-year project done. Always good to have a goal to work towards though, while allowing some extra time for any delays.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2378  
Old Posted May 22, 2014, 5:07 PM
Echoes's Avatar
Echoes Echoes is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Posts: 4,536
Looks great!!!

What does Chad Novak think?
__________________
SASKATOON PHOTO TOURS
2013: [Part I] [Part II] | [2014] | [2016] | [2022-26]
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2379  
Old Posted May 22, 2014, 5:10 PM
Nathan's Avatar
Nathan Nathan is offline
Hmm....
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Regina
Posts: 3,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Looks great!!!

What does Chad Novak think?
He is developing a counter-proposal that would replace the field surface with a racing oval.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2380  
Old Posted May 22, 2014, 5:14 PM
Nathan's Avatar
Nathan Nathan is offline
Hmm....
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Regina
Posts: 3,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by wacko View Post
The average concourse width in the new stadium is 30 feet, as compared to 25 feet in Mosaic Stadium. Average seat width will be 20 inches in general admission seating, compared to the current 18" in the grandstands. Average distance between rows will be 33 inches, compared to the old 28" (west) or 30" (east). And 38 restrooms with 861 fixtures, compared to 22 restrooms in Mosaic Stadium.

There's a lot to like about this stadium. The design I think is elegant and modern. Sunken bowl too, with 68% of seating below grade. If this is what can be built within the given budget and timeframe, I'm definitely on board for it. Really glad that we have an experienced architectural company for this one; that's probably the biggest step ahead of Winnipeg.

My main concern would be the relative lack of extra space to expand (unless the scoreboard at the south end can be moved back and raised higher?). I'm assuming the standing room space at the south end can be easily converted to seating areas for Grey Cups. I'm also a little surprised that only a few more accessible seating spaces were added.

I also wonder whether the stadium can be fully completed by spring 2017; that's a pretty tight timeline. Better get cracking, boys!
Re: expansion

That's set of what I was thinking, this looks like the expanded 40k capacity in the renders (with the second level north endzone seating), so I wouldn't be surprised if it could get bumped a bit higher down the road with adjustments to the south endzone setup... At least I hope it can.. 40k is far too low for a long term max capacity (it's even too low for short term as far as Grey Cups go, IMO at least).
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:45 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.