Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale
I'm actually a little depressed about Skyrise now. I had no idea it was subject to referendum. Seriously, what are the odds that it will pass in a city in which we are almost daily acosted with the notion of the widening wealth gap ?
|
I think the voters will vote for it to proceed. This project isn't something like "500 Alton" in which the Nimby voters in Miami beach would love to turn this down (Based on the height). Being in the actual city of Miami, I think given the high rise nature of the downtown area along with the surrounding areas, that hopefully the voters will use their heads on this one and see the benefits. I think it would be wise to have a marketing campaign for skyrise to give low information voters (the average american) information on the benefits. See, we at SSP know better, but the average american can't see something good even it it bit them in the —.
Although I don't think NIMBY's are a strong force in Miami yet. Lets hope it doesn't happen anytime soon (Nimbyism).