Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougler306
I think it will be great without a roof and to me leaves the possibility now still of the brand center being re-built and expanded because we will still need a large indoor space for concerts and trade shows. More recently the LP had an article that announced that the Brandt center will have to be replaced in the next 15 years as is on its last life. Would much rather see our stadium with no roof and with the other 250 million it would cost for the roof, to build a new Brandt center at or around 15,000.
The stadium will be the catalyst to re-develop that entire area and make it a legit sports complex
|
I think that would be great! Similar in Size to CUC just more modern. Wow CUC needs to be replaced too. But I think a replacement is required, but I think more along the size of the Moose Jaw arena. Maybe 5,500-6,500 That would be a better size for the WHL. Also add more rinks to the Co-operators Centre for rec hockey. If we build the stadium and new 15,000 seat arena next to one another. Saskatoon residents might be a little ticked-off.
A new 16,000 seat arena in downtown, or existing site in Saskatoon would be a better idea IMO. As long as the upperbowl can be completely closed off. As was done in Winnipeg, before the Jets returned. The look of the upper stands open like they are in Saskatoon when I go to games makes me sad

The lower bowl should sit 6,000 and the upper bowl should sit 8,000 with 2,000 for private boxes.