HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #461  
Old Posted Mar 29, 2014, 3:55 PM
kph06's Avatar
kph06 kph06 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,105
Today:

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #462  
Old Posted Apr 4, 2014, 2:38 PM
Jonovision's Avatar
Jonovision Jonovision is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 5,053
From yesterday. This one is now topped out.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #463  
Old Posted Apr 5, 2014, 2:04 PM
kph06's Avatar
kph06 kph06 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,105
Yesterday:

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #464  
Old Posted Apr 7, 2014, 6:29 PM
Duff's Avatar
Duff Duff is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: West End Halifax
Posts: 337
Two from today.



Reply With Quote
     
     
  #465  
Old Posted Apr 7, 2014, 8:16 PM
worldlyhaligonian worldlyhaligonian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,049
Looking better than I ever imagined. Great redevelopment!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #466  
Old Posted Apr 7, 2014, 9:54 PM
Empire's Avatar
Empire Empire is offline
Salty Town
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Halifax
Posts: 2,206
A few pics from today.

Photos by Empire:




__________________
Salty Town
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #467  
Old Posted Apr 8, 2014, 12:05 AM
fenwick16 fenwick16 is offline
Honored Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto area (ex-Nova Scotian)
Posts: 5,558
Thanks for the pictures Duff and Empire. What an outstanding transformation of the TD Tower.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #468  
Old Posted Apr 9, 2014, 9:49 PM
worldlyhaligonian worldlyhaligonian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,049
Thanks for the update.

Skyline pic from Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mustang13/13703114403
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #469  
Old Posted Apr 14, 2014, 9:18 AM
kph06's Avatar
kph06 kph06 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,105
Yesterday:

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #470  
Old Posted Apr 14, 2014, 7:43 PM
halifaxboyns halifaxboyns is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Planet earth
Posts: 3,883
When I was in Halifax, I was admiring the TD tower addition. I was quite impressed when I was at City Hall meeting about a special event that I'm trying to make happen (DJ knows about it; I'm leaving it at that so you can all keep wondering until we announce it, if it happens).

But I didn't realize that they were able to do an addition above the original height?! That's great!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #471  
Old Posted Apr 16, 2014, 11:52 PM
kph06's Avatar
kph06 kph06 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,105
Tonight by me:



Reply With Quote
     
     
  #472  
Old Posted Apr 17, 2014, 11:34 PM
Keith P.'s Avatar
Keith P. Keith P. is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,893
I was passing by this building on the Barrington St side the other day and near the main entry a piece of the stone cladding was removed. I was surprised to see red brick underneath. Was this building re-clad at one time in its history? I don't remember that. I wonder if they made a last-minute change in plans sometime during construction, to differentiate this from the neighboring CIBC building?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #473  
Old Posted Apr 18, 2014, 12:13 AM
dtown dtown is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 76
i love the view the hole for the nova center has left us of the financial district from sackville and grafton, in particular of this building. one of kph06's pictures looks to be from this area.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #474  
Old Posted Apr 18, 2014, 2:33 AM
visualman57 visualman57 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post
I was passing by this building on the Barrington St side the other day and near the main entry a piece of the stone cladding was removed. I was surprised to see red brick underneath. Was this building re-clad at one time in its history? I don't remember that. I wonder if they made a last-minute change in plans sometime during construction, to differentiate this from the neighboring CIBC building?
If I remember correctly, when it was first opened, the ground floor was clad in brick. It was covered up a few years later during one of the ground floor renos.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #475  
Old Posted Apr 18, 2014, 9:07 PM
fenwick16 fenwick16 is offline
Honored Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto area (ex-Nova Scotian)
Posts: 5,558
I like all the pictures that have been posted. I especially like the slightly tinted, almost clear glass on the new addition (it is slightly different than the new green tinted glass).

There is a third webcamera perspective on the tdcentrehalifax.ca website. I posted an image below. The 22nd Commerce Square will really improve this perspective.

(source: http://tdcentrehalifax.ca/ )
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #476  
Old Posted May 1, 2014, 8:34 PM
Dmajackson's Avatar
Dmajackson Dmajackson is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: B3K Halifax, NS
Posts: 9,979
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #477  
Old Posted May 7, 2014, 10:06 PM
Dmajackson's Avatar
Dmajackson Dmajackson is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: B3K Halifax, NS
Posts: 9,979
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #478  
Old Posted May 8, 2014, 3:27 PM
Jonovision's Avatar
Jonovision Jonovision is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 5,053
Say goodbye to the last bit of the old glass. I will miss its reflective properties.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #479  
Old Posted May 19, 2014, 1:39 PM
Haligonian88's Avatar
Haligonian88 Haligonian88 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 143




Reply With Quote
     
     
  #480  
Old Posted Jun 9, 2014, 2:17 PM
Jonovision's Avatar
Jonovision Jonovision is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 5,053
From this morning. All the old glass is almost gone.

Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:17 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.