HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted Apr 5, 2014, 7:53 PM
hookem hookem is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndic View Post
As someone who lives in "Way North Austin", this is practically in a completely different city than me. As a lifelong North Austinite, Way South Austin is strange and foreign to me. I seems like the neglected and forgotten part of Austin where no one ever goes. But this looks cool.
Back when I lived in North Austin, I felt the same way. I rarely ever went south and it seemed like another city, a less affluent one.

Now that I live in South Austin, I must admit I was wrong and now I feel that way about the North. It seems like nothing ever happens there, it's sterile and non-Austin like, none of the good restaurants are there, etc. And I can't imagine not being able to enjoy the constant cool views of the skyline from the south (which are by far the best). I mean, do people from North Austin even know what the skyline looks like? They really are missing out.

Only somewhat kidding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndic View Post
That goes to show how different the perspectives on the city council under this 10-1 plan will be. I look forward to it. I think it's going to be quite a spectacle. The good thing is that we all have downtown in common.
Ugh, I'm dreading this. You think a couple of liberal NIMBYs are bad, just imagine a bunch of conservative ones. Forget additional bicycle improvements, pedestrian improvements, or any expensive downtown projects. The new setup will waste just as much or more of our money, but we won't enjoy any downtown improvements because of it. Enjoy the last few months of pre-10-1 Austin, I have a feeling it's going to start sucking big time soon.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:33 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.