Quote:
Originally Posted by gjhall
2. Why wouldn't the be willing to? I think the sales issue has more to do with volume of units and price, not the height of the living spaces. Metropole doesn't seem to have any trouble with people living 32 floors up after all.
|
True, there are people living at that height, and it's really just a thought. But because we don't have any completed buildings that are above 30 stories, I'm just wondering if perhaps people in Ottawa are distrusting of buildings above that height. I mean, attending some of the community meetings people have asked about what would happen in case of an earthquake or fire in regards to tall buildings, and it's possible that this would be something people would consider if looked to buy. While it would take some getting used to, people might not feel very comfortable living above a certain height here until it's been proven to work in Ottawa, possibly.
But then again I have some severe acrophobia, so I know that I probably wouldn't live this high up, and other people may be more comfortable up there than me.
I'm going to be honest: as exciting as having a 50 or 40 storey building in Ottawa may be, I kind of feel that this area doesn't really need to have a building at such a height yet. 30 stories is still a very generous height for this particular area. I can imagine at around Tunney's or even downtown where buildings at this height might break the monotony of the skyline, but I just feel that this height is presently unnecessary at this location.