I haven't flown much. Is a Canada to US flight considered international in this context? I flew many times from Ottawa to Chicago to Austin or San Antonio. I was screened once in Ottawa and never again on my trip.
JetBlue Airways (New York) as we previously reported, was awarded a package of 12 more slot pairs at the slot-controlled Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA).
As a result, JetBlue is forced to move aircraft from underperforming routes to these new DCA routes. This will be accomplished by ending service in the following markets:
[SNIP]
San Francisco – Austin: last flight is June 15, Austin – San Francisco: last flight is June 16
Interesting. Im sure the route to Long Beach is in no danger. I was buying my parents two plane tickets to the Los Angeles/Orange County area for my Grandmother's funeral. I won't be making the trip but I got them tickets on Jet Blue direct to Long Beach and the flight going there and coming back were just about at capacity, only a couple of seats left. Glad there was just enough room for me to get their tickets.
The Virgin America direct to SF really killed this route. VA has a better time slot equal if not cheaper pricing. The VA SF flights I've been on have been overbooked.
Did anybody else notice the huge plane flying low in circles between 4:30 to 5:15 p.m. east of I-35 and north of the airport? Was on my way to class driving up 35 and I saw it first when I was on the northbound flyover bridge over 71 @ 35 and thought geeze that's a big plane. Then several minutes later saw it again at first thinking it was a different plain but it wasn't. It looped around 2 more times as I drove through Downtown up to 183.. It had to have been a cargo jet because it was huge. I'm was curious why it circled around fairly low like that?
Cool. I did not see that. I did see that Metlife blimp all day one day last week. First up by Hyde Park, then later around downtown and South Austin, and then farther south in my neighborhood. I stopped and watched it that night as I rode up the grocery store. It was weird seeing it floating around dipping and rising along South First. It looked like a UFO. I also saw a B-17 fly over a few days ago.
And another plane that was flying around today.
Quote:
This E6 aircraft is doing touch & go practice landings on the west runway at ABIA today. It keeps a low altitude so that it can circle back around and perform the practice landings time and time again. There is no reason to be alarmed at its low altitude.
The plane you saw today was a Navy E-6B Mercury. It is a communications bird. Call sign Shadow 99 stationed at Tinker AFB in Oklahoma. It was doing pattern work.
Yea your right, once Kevin posted up that picture of the other plane, I knew it had to have been that one cause it was looping around low. What time did the NASA plane land?