HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #8981  
Old Posted Mar 18, 2014, 3:22 AM
1ajs's Avatar
1ajs 1ajs is offline
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: lynn lake
Posts: 26,524
womens hospital
the one for alt is barly visible as the radison kinda makes it blend in
     
     
  #8982  
Old Posted Mar 18, 2014, 3:39 AM
Chadillaccc's Avatar
Chadillaccc Chadillaccc is offline
ARTchitecture
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cala Ghearraidh
Posts: 22,842
     
     
  #8983  
Old Posted Mar 18, 2014, 3:54 AM
middeljohn middeljohn is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Burlington, ON
Posts: 1,681
I take it you like Calgary, eh Chad?
     
     
  #8984  
Old Posted Mar 18, 2014, 4:13 AM
Chadillaccc's Avatar
Chadillaccc Chadillaccc is offline
ARTchitecture
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cala Ghearraidh
Posts: 22,842
Lol well I live here, so clearly most of what I post is gonna be Calgary. I also post a significant amount of most other major cities in the country. Toronto, Calgary, and Vancouver are my Canada favorites though. All for different aesthetic reasons though so it's hard to pick a #1.
     
     
  #8985  
Old Posted Mar 18, 2014, 9:46 AM
Symz's Avatar
Symz Symz is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Windsor, On.
Posts: 1,874
I like that picture of the road lined up with the Bow, (the last one). A rarely seen angle in Calgary pictures.
     
     
  #8986  
Old Posted Mar 19, 2014, 12:02 AM
ZeDgE ZeDgE is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,208
Centre St. Goes all the way to the base of the Calgary tower. You then have to turn left on 9th ave.. its a one way. lol
     
     
  #8987  
Old Posted Mar 19, 2014, 2:25 AM
Chadillaccc's Avatar
Chadillaccc Chadillaccc is offline
ARTchitecture
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cala Ghearraidh
Posts: 22,842
     
     
  #8988  
Old Posted Mar 19, 2014, 2:30 AM
Black Star Black Star is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 7,259
Great shot...wow!
     
     
  #8989  
Old Posted Mar 19, 2014, 2:41 AM
G.S MTL's Avatar
G.S MTL G.S MTL is offline
MTL♥
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,496
2006 ELEGANT Montreal

couldn't find larger version.
     
     
  #8990  
Old Posted Mar 19, 2014, 3:26 AM
giallo's Avatar
giallo giallo is offline
be nice to the crackheads
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 12,751
That last picture of Calgary is amazing.
     
     
  #8991  
Old Posted Mar 19, 2014, 5:20 AM
Nouvellecosse's Avatar
Nouvellecosse Nouvellecosse is offline
Volatile Pacivist
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 11,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.S MTL View Post
2006 ELEGANT Montreal

couldn't find larger version.
Beautiful pic!
     
     
  #8992  
Old Posted Mar 19, 2014, 5:24 AM
TallBob TallBob is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,135
Nice pano of Calgary Chad!! I like that one looking south on Center Street.
     
     
  #8993  
Old Posted Mar 19, 2014, 5:33 AM
Chadillaccc's Avatar
Chadillaccc Chadillaccc is offline
ARTchitecture
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cala Ghearraidh
Posts: 22,842
Thanks guys! It's not mine though. One of the many amazing works by Neil Zeller. One of Calgary's greatest photographers in my opinion. I linked to his sites under the photo.
     
     
  #8994  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2014, 8:18 PM
Martin Mtl's Avatar
Martin Mtl Martin Mtl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 9,075
Atmosphère, atmosphère ! Est-ce que j'ai une gueule d'atmosphère ?


1754 by Soir d'hiver on Flickr
     
     
  #8995  
Old Posted Mar 21, 2014, 8:09 AM
isaidso isaidso is offline
North of Gilead
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North of Gilead
Posts: 11,073

Toronto by jsh72, on Flickr
     
     
  #8996  
Old Posted Mar 21, 2014, 4:02 PM
floobie floobie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
Thanks guys! It's not mine though. One of the many amazing works by Neil Zeller. One of Calgary's greatest photographers in my opinion. I linked to his sites under the photo.
It's a phenomenal shot for sure! Definitely seeing some stitching artifacts, though. The Bow and Suncor get a bit lumpy in the middle. Ditto with the Keynote towers Not that I could do any better. I think I've gotten a bit spoiled by some of the utterly seamless panoramas some of the forumers here produce.
     
     
  #8997  
Old Posted Mar 21, 2014, 5:04 PM
suburbanite's Avatar
suburbanite suburbanite is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Toronto & NYC
Posts: 5,656
Wow, I've never soon that Toronto perspective before but I love it.
     
     
  #8998  
Old Posted Mar 21, 2014, 5:25 PM
rousseau's Avatar
rousseau rousseau is offline
Registered Drug User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern Ontario
Posts: 8,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post

Toronto by jsh72, on Flickr
That's a great photo. It's a total crime that that airport is there. The island should be easily accessible park space with a pedestrian bridge to the mainland.
     
     
  #8999  
Old Posted Mar 21, 2014, 5:56 PM
WhipperSnapper's Avatar
WhipperSnapper WhipperSnapper is offline
I am the law!
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Toronto+
Posts: 22,898
Not that the downtown couldn't use more accessible green space but, the airport is a larger asset than expanding the Islands' greenspace. Same goes for the condos along Harbourfront Centre. It's a downtown afterall. The harbourfront should be an urban, multi-functional destination.
     
     
  #9000  
Old Posted Mar 21, 2014, 6:07 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is online now
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,339
It'd be really cool with core-height towers on either side of that inlet, though.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:01 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.