Quote:
Originally Posted by Infrequent Poster
I am also curious as to what views will be damaged? As the development is not between the park and the precious, precious mountains. Is there something else to be damaged in that direction? The sky perhaps?
|
I found a few renders from Van city buzz which caught my eye.
http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2014/03/oakridge-centre-redevelopment-approved/
Thats the view from QE park, al things considered this is only a render but I have looked from this area and there are a lot of things to look at, sometimes blue sky and endless horizons can be good for a city which sees relentless rain.
Lastly, yes these are much too tall, I'm not going to put up a fuss over this because I don't live in this neighbourhood but the reality is these are still way to tall for the area they are in.
It almost feels like to me that Vancouver is trying to make a second downtown in the city of Vancouver and that makes me feel a little un easy.
Of course all of this is only an opinion and we all have a right to such an opinion. Personally I feel these buildings should be at least 20% social housing or subsidized housing and rental stock MUST be expanded, whether thats done through town homes or high rises I don't care.
Again this development is too high, 20 stores would work, look at joyce and those buildings and thats what I'd be ok with in this area.