Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergrey
Randomly came across some new infill in Bloomfield yesterday called something like "Mintwood Townhomes"... 5 tall rowhouses packed on a small lot along Fisk in between Mintwood and Cabinet. Impressive density on a tight lot similar to Croghan's Edge... though the architecture of Mintwood is more faux-historic. Was quite surpised to see it, as the development eluded my radar.
|
I remember watching those go up. IIRC they have garages on the first floor, right?
The "no man's land" between Lawrenceville and Bloomfield there remains an overall affordable area, more so than the rest of Lawrenceville, or increasingly Bloomfield proper. Part of that is being slightly more removed from active business districts I guess (Penn/Main has stuff, but can't compare to Butler, Liberty, or even Penn Avenue in Garfield). Part of it is undoubtedly because most of the houses are small and not particularly distinguished. Still, I expect the area will take off in the next 5-10 years. It's too close to downtown to continue to be forgotten.