HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & Urban Ottawa


    Gotham Ottawa in the SkyscraperPage Database

• Building Data Page   • Ottawa Skyscraper Diagram

• Map Location

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #141  
Old Posted Feb 4, 2014, 10:57 PM
Luker Luker is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 377
Wow, completed units on the 15th floor by August 2014? That will be impressive, if they can pull it off...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #142  
Old Posted Feb 5, 2014, 5:15 AM
Urbanarchit Urbanarchit is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,927
*

Last edited by Urbanarchit; Aug 27, 2015 at 4:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #143  
Old Posted Feb 5, 2014, 5:07 PM
Davis137's Avatar
Davis137 Davis137 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,365
Wow, that is a skinny building...but it should look pretty decent when it's at full height and it's cladding is going on/up.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #144  
Old Posted Feb 19, 2014, 11:25 PM
Urbanarchit Urbanarchit is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,927
*

Last edited by Urbanarchit; Aug 27, 2015 at 4:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #145  
Old Posted Feb 28, 2014, 3:10 PM
jcphoenix jcphoenix is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luker View Post
Wow, completed units on the 15th floor by August 2014? That will be impressive, if they can pull it off...
My impression from the letter sent out to everyone is that August 2014 is the general occupancy date - as in the date that they start moving people in on the ground floor. I'm on the 5th floor so I'm guessing I'll probably be moving in around late August/early September. The letter also states that more specific occupancy dates would be sent out shortly.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #146  
Old Posted Feb 28, 2014, 6:56 PM
TMA-1's Avatar
TMA-1 TMA-1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ontario
Posts: 298
No chance for Occupancy by August. Life safety systems have to be complete as do the heating and domestic water systems. In practise that means the building is fully enclosed and the mechanical room complete, genset and fire pump/sprinklers complete, fire alarm complete...etc. Even if it's only one suite they want Occupancy for *everything* important has to be finished and tested. I imagine they'll be topped out by August, though.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jcphoenix View Post
My impression from the letter sent out to everyone is that August 2014 is the general occupancy date - as in the date that they start moving people in on the ground floor. I'm on the 5th floor so I'm guessing I'll probably be moving in around late August/early September. The letter also states that more specific occupancy dates would be sent out shortly.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #147  
Old Posted Mar 1, 2014, 3:29 AM
Davis137's Avatar
Davis137 Davis137 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,365
I love the southbound pic shown above...Gotham is heping break up the almost singular wall of towers to it's north, and bringing the skyline's west end a little further south...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #148  
Old Posted Mar 1, 2014, 5:23 PM
OTSkyline OTSkyline is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,828
I think this building will look great when looking at it from the front because it will be tall and very thin. But looking at it from the side will probably be a different story... It is so "long" that it seems to create a literal "wall" east-west.

That's why I much prefer tall and slim towers (on all sides).
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #149  
Old Posted Mar 4, 2014, 8:12 PM
jcphoenix jcphoenix is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMA-1 View Post
No chance for Occupancy by August. Life safety systems have to be complete as do the heating and domestic water systems. In practise that means the building is fully enclosed and the mechanical room complete, genset and fire pump/sprinklers complete, fire alarm complete...etc. Even if it's only one suite they want Occupancy for *everything* important has to be finished and tested. I imagine they'll be topped out by August, though.
I am totally okay if occupancy is delayed a bit past August. More time = bigger deposit to put on the place. That said, I would hope to move in before December. I don't think I could stand another winter of commuting from Barrhaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltz8 View Post
BTW jcphoenix, awesome rendering! I've been trying to do the same, but my attempts are a joke compared to yours.. hah!
Also, I totally missed this message the first time around but thanks It's honestly not as daunting to make as it looks! But I spent a spare hour here and there over the course of a year or two building my ideal place hahah, partly cause there was a time when I was fiddling with possible changes to the layout (which I'm no longer doing). But if you're using LiveInterior 3D, try out RenderBoost for sure - it makes a dramatic difference in the output.

I can't remember which thread I read this on but I really hope that Lamb's Slater/Bronson project goes through - we desperately need a Farm Boy or other grocery store nearby other than Hartman's!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #150  
Old Posted Mar 4, 2014, 8:55 PM
JackBauer24 JackBauer24 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 748
I know it's not the closest location for those on the west side of downtown, but a Sobey's is going into Tribeca (Metcalfe & Nepean). A much needed second grocery store for the downtown area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcphoenix View Post
I am totally okay if occupancy is delayed a bit past August. More time = bigger deposit to put on the place. That said, I would hope to move in before December. I don't think I could stand another winter of commuting from Barrhaven



Also, I totally missed this message the first time around but thanks It's honestly not as daunting to make as it looks! But I spent a spare hour here and there over the course of a year or two building my ideal place hahah, partly cause there was a time when I was fiddling with possible changes to the layout (which I'm no longer doing). But if you're using LiveInterior 3D, try out RenderBoost for sure - it makes a dramatic difference in the output.

I can't remember which thread I read this on but I really hope that Lamb's Slater/Bronson project goes through - we desperately need a Farm Boy or other grocery store nearby other than Hartman's!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #151  
Old Posted Mar 5, 2014, 5:23 PM
jcphoenix jcphoenix is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer24 View Post
I know it's not the closest location for those on the west side of downtown, but a Sobey's is going into Tribeca (Metcalfe & Nepean). A much needed second grocery store for the downtown area.
That will also help but I'm crossing my fingers for an eventual Farm Boy (I know there was talk that it would be a Whole Foods too but I'm not so familiar with them). During the Toronto Film Festival, we stayed at a condo using AirBnB and we were going to use the Sobey's nearby for groceries but the prices were absolutely ridiculous to the point where we just dropped the idea of doing most groceries and ate out instead.

Still, any added grocery store locations can only help as far as price competition goes.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #152  
Old Posted Mar 6, 2014, 11:26 PM
voltz8 voltz8 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcphoenix View Post
That will also help but I'm crossing my fingers for an eventual Farm Boy (I know there was talk that it would be a Whole Foods too but I'm not so familiar with them). During the Toronto Film Festival, we stayed at a condo using AirBnB and we were going to use the Sobey's nearby for groceries but the prices were absolutely ridiculous to the point where we just dropped the idea of doing most groceries and ate out instead.

Still, any added grocery store locations can only help as far as price competition goes.
I am a big fan of Farm Boy... When I went to pick my finishes, the sales associate informed me that there will be a Farm Boy opening within the SOBA building.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #153  
Old Posted Mar 7, 2014, 2:53 PM
acottawa acottawa is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 18,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by voltz8 View Post
I am a big fan of Farm Boy... When I went to pick my finishes, the sales associate informed me that there will be a Farm Boy opening within the SOBA building.
I wonder if this competition will force Hartman's into a "no frills" kind of business model, maybe just using the newer part of the store (which would improve bank a lot).
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #154  
Old Posted Mar 7, 2014, 8:58 PM
Harley613's Avatar
Harley613 Harley613 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Aylmer, QC
Posts: 6,896
I wonder if competition will cause Hartman's to lower their prices to reasonable levels.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #155  
Old Posted Mar 11, 2014, 3:44 PM
urbandreamer's Avatar
urbandreamer urbandreamer is offline
recession proof
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,656
Any recent photo updates ... would be appreciated thanks!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #156  
Old Posted Mar 14, 2014, 10:24 PM
jcphoenix jcphoenix is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbandreamer View Post
Any recent photo updates ... would be appreciated thanks!
I'm just using my iPhone camera but I took these photos today for you! I'm really glad they went with black frames heh, I wasn't sure based on the model suite whether they'd be black framed or not but it looks so much nicer (and will look so much nicer in the suite itself). And my unit has windows on it! Yay!











Reply With Quote
     
     
  #157  
Old Posted Mar 15, 2014, 4:18 PM
McKellarDweller's Avatar
McKellarDweller McKellarDweller is offline
inner city
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Calgary/Ottawa
Posts: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcphoenix View Post
I'm really glad they went with black frames heh,
They look sharp indeed. I get the feeling this building's aesthetics will stand the test of time.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #158  
Old Posted Mar 15, 2014, 6:27 PM
Rob64 Rob64 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 91
I'll admit that I didn't think much of this building when I first saw the renderings. Now that we're seeing the real-life results, it looks fantastic. Can't wait to see the final product. Beautiful.

I bought a unit in 111 West (Richmond Rd & Island Park Dr) 2 years ago and just recently moved in (and love it) but I'm kind of jealous of this building!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #159  
Old Posted Mar 18, 2014, 3:50 PM
Boxster's Avatar
Boxster Boxster is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 996
I must admit that both cement walls at the front of the building on each side look horrible...Not sure what to make of the rendering.

The balconies overlap each other which is not great to get protection from the elements in addition to having no privacy.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #160  
Old Posted Mar 18, 2014, 4:55 PM
J.OT13's Avatar
J.OT13 J.OT13 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 29,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster View Post
I must admit that both cement walls at the front of the building on each side look horrible...Not sure what to make of the rendering.

The balconies overlap each other which is not great to get protection from the elements in addition to having no privacy.

The overlapping balconies are more about design than comfort and privacy, though yes, it might be a bit of a concern.

As for the blank concrete walls, those should be covered by black brick and what looks like matte black steel (maybe?).
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & Urban Ottawa
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:18 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.