HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #7421  
Old Posted Mar 9, 2014, 11:57 PM
SLC Projects's Avatar
SLC Projects SLC Projects is offline
Bring out the cranes...
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 6,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Mayor View Post
I was just wondering if we wanted a thread dedicated to The PAC and 111? We had a 222 thread and the PAC and 111 is a bigger project. If the majority think we should I'll start one.
I for one think that's a great idea. If you would like to do us the honor.
__________________
1. "Wells Fargo Building" 24-stories 422 FT 1998
2. "LDS Church Office Building" 28-stories 420 FT 1973
3. "111 South Main" 24-stories 387 FT 2016
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976
     
     
  #7422  
Old Posted Mar 10, 2014, 12:25 AM
SLCPA SLCPA is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 84
One has already been made for a little while now.....

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=207687
     
     
  #7423  
Old Posted Mar 10, 2014, 12:48 AM
wrendog's Avatar
wrendog wrendog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: San Antonio TX
Posts: 4,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPA View Post
One has already been made for a little while now.....

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=207687
That's the general population thread. We need our own regional thread. That's how it usually goes.
     
     
  #7424  
Old Posted Mar 10, 2014, 12:51 AM
SLCPA SLCPA is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 84
Oh OK, I see what you mean now.
     
     
  #7425  
Old Posted Mar 10, 2014, 1:09 AM
Skystruck's Avatar
Skystruck Skystruck is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Mayor View Post
I was just wondering if we wanted a thread dedicated to The PAC and 111? We had a 222 thread and the PAC and 111 is a bigger project. If the majority think we should I'll start one.
I know SLC gets accused of making too many threads by the loud minority but they will get over it lol! Considering this project includes large scale demolition, a new Performing Arts center, and a new office tower I think it's certainly worthy of it's own thread.
     
     
  #7426  
Old Posted Mar 10, 2014, 2:12 AM
Plaid Shirts Plaid Shirts is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skystruck View Post
I know SLC gets accused of making too many threads by the loud minority but they will get over it lol! Considering this project includes large scale demolition, a new Performing Arts center, and a new office tower I think it's certainly worthy of it's own thread.
I do not think we need a separate individual threads for the PAC and 111. If we give them their own threads then we'll have to give the potential CCH a thread and 145 a thread. It'll be too much for the mountain west. 2/3 of the Mountain West threads are from Utah anyways. Let's just do what Denver does and just have one thread. That way everyone from Utah and out of state from Utah can see what is going on in SLC. I am sure people in other states have no idea what 111, 145, CCH, PAC, all stand for. Having one thread will allow us to show off our city even more. It'll keep everything simplified and under one roof.

Last edited by Plaid Shirts; Mar 10, 2014 at 3:00 AM.
     
     
  #7427  
Old Posted Mar 10, 2014, 2:58 AM
bflatflat9 bflatflat9 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaid Shirts View Post
I do not think we need a separate individual threads for the PAC and 111. If we give them their own threads then we'll have to give the potential CCH a thread and 145 a thread. It'll be too much for the mountain west. 2/3 of the Mountain West threads are from Utah anyways. Let's just do what Denver does and just have one thread. That way everyone from Utah and out of state from Utah can see what is going on in SLC. I am sure people in other states have no idea what 111, 145, CCH, PAC, all stand for. Having one thread will allow us to show off our even city more. It'll keep everything simplified and under one roof.
Agreed.
And it's not like this is San Fran or NYC; with tons of stuff going on at once.
By the way, thanks to all the photo sharin guys.
And the juice givers (developmental).
     
     
  #7428  
Old Posted Mar 10, 2014, 3:34 AM
ToysNoiz's Avatar
ToysNoiz ToysNoiz is offline
Destroy 200 S. Carl's Jr.
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaid Shirts View Post
I do not think we need a separate individual threads for the PAC and 111. If we give them their own threads then we'll have to give the potential CCH a thread and 145 a thread. It'll be too much for the mountain west. 2/3 of the Mountain West threads are from Utah anyways. Let's just do what Denver does and just have one thread. That way everyone from Utah and out of state from Utah can see what is going on in SLC. I am sure people in other states have no idea what 111, 145, CCH, PAC, all stand for. Having one thread will allow us to show off our city even more. It'll keep everything simplified and under one roof.
Agreed.
And BTW, we have Denver folk who think that we start a thread for every project. Which isn't true; let's not keep that thought going.
__________________
'Cause at night the sun in retreat made the skyline look like crooked teeth in the mouth of a man, who was devouring us both...

Salt Lake City throughout 2015 in the My City Photos Forum >>>http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=215244
     
     
  #7429  
Old Posted Mar 10, 2014, 3:37 AM
Comrade's Avatar
Comrade Comrade is offline
They all float down here
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Hair City, Utah
Posts: 9,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysNoiz View Post
Agreed.
And BTW, we have Denver folk who think that we start a thread for every project. Which isn't true; let's not keep that thought going.
Right? It's every OTHER project. Duh.
     
     
  #7430  
Old Posted Mar 10, 2014, 3:55 AM
Skystruck's Avatar
Skystruck Skystruck is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaid Shirts View Post
I do not think we need a separate individual threads for the PAC and 111. If we give them their own threads then we'll have to give the potential CCH a thread and 145 a thread. It'll be too much for the mountain west. 2/3 of the Mountain West threads are from Utah anyways. Let's just do what Denver does and just have one thread. That way everyone from Utah and out of state from Utah can see what is going on in SLC. I am sure people in other states have no idea what 111, 145, CCH, PAC, all stand for. Having one thread will allow us to show off our city even more. It'll keep everything simplified and under one roof.
Actually there are 71 threads over 2 pages on the Mtn West forum. 23 are Utah specific and 21 are Colorado specific. I understand what you are saying but I honestly wish Denver would make separate threads for their bigger developments. The problem with having everything under one thread is you have to wade through pages and pages of blah blah to figure out what is going on. I don't religiously read Denver's development thread so the few times I actually do I end up not really having a clue what projects they are working on. If all major developments had their own thread it would be much easier to follow along IMO.
     
     
  #7431  
Old Posted Mar 10, 2014, 4:06 AM
Plaid Shirts Plaid Shirts is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skystruck View Post
Actually there are 71 threads over 2 pages on the Mtn West forum. 23 are Utah specific and 21 are Colorado specific. I understand what you are saying but I honestly wish Denver would make separate threads for their bigger developments. The problem with having everything under one thread is you have to wade through pages and pages of blah blah to figure out what is going on. I don't religiously read Denver's development thread so the few times I actually do I end up not really having a clue what projects they are working on. If all major developments had their own thread it would be much easier to follow along IMO.

One thread for all... it's the easiest and best way to show off SLC.

Last edited by Plaid Shirts; Mar 10, 2014 at 5:22 PM.
     
     
  #7432  
Old Posted Mar 10, 2014, 4:13 AM
StevenF's Avatar
StevenF StevenF is offline
The Drifter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skystruck View Post
Actually there are 71 threads over 2 pages on the Mtn West forum. 23 are Utah specific and 21 are Colorado specific. I understand what you are saying but I honestly wish Denver would make separate threads for their bigger developments. The problem with having everything under one thread is you have to wade through pages and pages of blah blah to figure out what is going on. I don't religiously read Denver's development thread so the few times I actually do I end up not really having a clue what projects they are working on. If all major developments had their own thread it would be much easier to follow along IMO.
I would have to agree with this. Who cares if we here in Salt Lake like to open up new threads for our large projects. I say lets do a combined thread for 111 and UPAC and call it good for those.
     
     
  #7433  
Old Posted Mar 10, 2014, 4:20 AM
wrendog's Avatar
wrendog wrendog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: San Antonio TX
Posts: 4,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenF View Post
I would have to agree with this. Who cares if we here in Salt Lake like to open up new threads for our large projects. I say lets do a combined thread for 111 and UPAC and call it good for those.
It seems that the oldtimers are cool with a new thread and the newcomers are not. Count me in as someone who likes dedicated threads for bigger projects. I say we do it like we've always done.
     
     
  #7434  
Old Posted Mar 10, 2014, 4:22 AM
RyanD's Avatar
RyanD RyanD is offline
Fast. Fun. Frequent.
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 2,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skystruck View Post
The problem with having everything under one thread is you have to wade through pages and pages of blah blah to figure out what is going on. I don't religiously read Denver's development thread so the few times I actually do I end up not really having a clue what projects they are working on. If all major developments had their own thread it would be much easier to follow along IMO.
We don't really do separate threads anymore for individual developments because we have DenverInfill to keep it all organized. Notice on the Dev thread, we link a ton from that website. You guys need someone to start a website like DI.
__________________
DenverInfill
DenverUrbanism
--------------------
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream
     
     
  #7435  
Old Posted Mar 10, 2014, 4:23 AM
Plaid Shirts Plaid Shirts is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenF View Post
I would have to agree with this. Who cares if we here in Salt Lake like to open up new threads for our large projects. I say lets do a combined thread for 111 and UPAC and call it good for those.
I would be onboard for a combined thread involving the PAC and 111. I also agree with RyanD from Denver. One thread for all construction projects in SLC.
     
     
  #7436  
Old Posted Mar 10, 2014, 5:08 AM
Skystruck's Avatar
Skystruck Skystruck is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaid Shirts View Post
I would be onboard for a combined thread involving the PAC and 111. I also agree with RyanD from Denver. One thread for all construction projects in SLC.
No offense but you are way too concerned about what Denver thinks. It was in very poor taste to run over to Denver's development thread and say what you did. Both cities will always be different from one another and each having there own personality is what makes each of them great.

Maybe it was a misunderstanding but no one ever said 111 and the PAC should each have their own threads... the only thing anyone ever suggested was a combined thread.
     
     
  #7437  
Old Posted Mar 10, 2014, 5:13 AM
Plaid Shirts Plaid Shirts is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skystruck View Post
No offense but you are way too concerned about what Denver thinks. It was in very poor taste to run over to Denver's development thread and say what you did. Both cities will always be different from one another and each having there own personality is what makes each of them great.
No offense but you are way too concerned about what I post and say on these threads.

Yes both cities have great things going for each of them, but to me, Denver is a much better city than SLC in all aspects.
     
     
  #7438  
Old Posted Mar 10, 2014, 5:15 AM
Skystruck's Avatar
Skystruck Skystruck is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
We don't really do separate threads anymore for individual developments because we have DenverInfill to keep it all organized. Notice on the Dev thread, we link a ton from that website. You guys need someone to start a website like DI.
Thanks... It looks like a nice website and a good idea.
     
     
  #7439  
Old Posted Mar 10, 2014, 5:25 AM
Skystruck's Avatar
Skystruck Skystruck is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaid Shirts View Post
No offense but you are way too concerned about what I post and say on these threads.

Yes both cities have great things going for each of them, but to me, Denver is a much better city than SLC in all aspects.
Actually this is the first time I have ever said anything to you, and congratulations on your love of everything Denver! I'm done with this conversation... back to development.
     
     
  #7440  
Old Posted Mar 10, 2014, 8:27 AM
Future Mayor's Avatar
Future Mayor Future Mayor is offline
Vote for me in 2019!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 4,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaid Shirts View Post
I would be onboard for a combined thread involving the PAC and 111. I also agree with RyanD from Denver. One thread for all construction projects in SLC.
That was my proposal, a PAC and 111 Thread. NOT THREADS.

I for one like the multiple threads, obviously not one for every project just for the large ones. I like knowing that when I click on the Sugarhouse Thread it's going to be related to Sugarhouse, and the SL MSA thread is non SLC related items. If Denver puts everything in one, and they like that, then that is a great way to do it. If Salt Lake prefers our larger projects in their own thread and we like that, then that is a great way to do it. That is called being positive about both cities. There is no competition in my mind on this forum between Salt Lake City and Denver. Yes Denver is a bigger city and metro and has many things that Salt Lake City doesn't have, and Salt Lake City has many things that Denver doesn't have. Both cities have their unique attributes that is what makes them different and unique. I occasionally check out the Denver related threads to see what is going on with our neighbor across the mountain. Plaid Shirts, I appreciate your comments regarding development, however there really is no need for the "Denver Rules" and the "Salt Lake City 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵" dialogue.

Last edited by Future Mayor; Mar 10, 2014 at 8:48 AM.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:17 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.