Quote:
Originally Posted by allan_kuan
Some of the lines (the maroon coloured one in particular) are too indirect and squiggly for my liking... and also, it'd require at least 5x the population of today for this to become seriously feasible.
|
I'd go first for the pale green line starting at Marpole, then up Arbutus, under False Creek and into downtown, where it could with link
the extended Expo Line, up along Hastings to SFU, then down to the M-line.
Equally, or even moreso, I'd like the see the upper Broadway/UBC Line built, though the extension east of
Lougheed TC needs to greatly increase on density before that happens.
Extending the UBC Line from Joyce west makes immediate sense, too, as a future investment.
There is Oakridge coming on stream, plus existing Kerrisdale plus increaing housing at UBC that may one day reach 40,000, I read somewhere.
(Your "circle line" downtown seems especially adept, too, IMHO)