Going back to what Reeveley said...He quotes Watson's “Whether you’re a sports fan, a shopper, a movie-goer, or simply want to gather with your family and friends, the new Lansdowne will truly offer something for everyone" then says "For the rest of us … an awful lot hangs on the remaining 20 per cent."
All right. Now Reevely has been as fair as anyone in regards to this thing. But I find he's off the mark a bit here.
I doubt very much that that other 20% will blow a lot of minds. At the end of the day, they'll just be...stores. They may be stores that we're not familiar with or that provide something unusual, but it'll still be stores.
I think the possibility of events like the one I posted earlier are where the draw is going to be for people well out of the neighborhood. I can imagine that the place would be a huge Winterlude stop for several days, for example. The Jazzfest mention is another, and Bluesfest spreads itself around too.
So yeah, because we don't know all that it will host it's easy to dismiss it as "just a park/stores/stadium etc". But it'll have the ability to provide much more, relatively regularly. That's why I'm excited about it.