Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanD
Toronto has over 200 tower cranes up right now... 
|
I read somewhere recently that only 4 cities in China, and, the city of Dubai put in more high rise square footage than Toronto in 2013.
Toronto is well on it's way to becoming a world city and the number 2 skyscraper city in NA, IMO.
Within skyscaperpage.com, as I am sure most have noticed, generally our Canadians friends outnumber US participants between 2:1 and 3:1. Recently the ratio has narrowed a bit. Now it is 802:394. Canadian skyscraper fans have a lot to talk about.
Go over to Canada>Toronto and look around.
I would guess that in terms of buildings 5 stories or taller being built, and, most certainly in terms of buildings 15 stories or taller, that Toronto, Calgary, and Vancouver all have far more buildings being built and recently completed than Denver, Los Angeles, Seattle, and the Bay Area. NYC, I am sure, exceeds Calgary and Vancouver in this category.
Oh yes, if any out there wants to see how a classic NA station SHOULD be built check Toronto's Union Station project.
http://urbantoronto.ca/news/2012/08/cityrail-depth-union-station
If you want to look at the total number of projects etc., double click on the small map to the upper right that the url brings up: once you expand it up, each dot you see is a recent or scheduled project.
(If you get depressed, at least we make better beer, etc.)