Quote:
Downtown and Beltline residents, used to squeezing onto buses filled with suburban commuters, should get some bus routes of their own, says a new transit planners’ report.
The idea for three urban transit loops — one up and down 17th Street, one from Mission to Eau Claire, and a circle route around downtown and Beltline — stems from a paper that frowns on a more expensive transit solution for Calgary’s dense core...
http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/calgar...ly+routes+report+says/9517904/story.html
|
I like this idea a lot. I hope they plan to have reduced fares on these routes, however. I wouldn’t feel very good about paying $3 for a trip that was only a ten blocks, but I could see people taking two or three trips in one night if they were out on the town. Would a $1 per ride be enough? They should be able to bring in more advertising revenue from these busses as well, and maybe get some BRZ and corporate sponsorship as well. Most busses spend most of their time driving through sparsely populated residential neighbourhoods, but these would loop continuously though dense and high visibility parts of downtown and the Beltline.