HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted Feb 18, 2014, 10:11 PM
Aylmer's Avatar
Aylmer Aylmer is offline
Still optimistic
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal (C-D-N) / Ottawa (Aylmer)
Posts: 5,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwoldtimer View Post
Whenever I hear "noo-kew-lar" I think of George W Bush. It is not pleasant.

How do people pronounce "new", "due", and the first syllable of "student"? I make them rhyme with "few", but most people around here tend to make them rhyme with "moo". In my case, I think it is something that developed while living abroad.
Nuclear: Nyoo-clee-ur or Noo-clee-ur

New: Nyoo
Due: Doo
Student: Stoo-dint
Tuesday: Tyoos-dehy
Few: Foo

Just kidding about that last one

Probably: Prohb-ahb-lee ('oh' as in 'lot') or Prohb-[labial stop]-blee if I'm speaking fast.
__________________
I've always struggled with reality. And I'm pleased to say that I won.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:14 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.