HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1301  
Old Posted Feb 14, 2014, 12:06 AM
ToysNoiz's Avatar
ToysNoiz ToysNoiz is offline
Destroy 200 S. Carl's Jr.
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaid Shirts View Post
ToysNoiz, as a fellow Utahn, just stop. You're embarrassing us all. Anyone with any knowledge knows Colorado has taller mountain than us. Just stop, now.
It's a fact that CO has taller mountains. I don't care, that shouldn't bother anyone, I'm just curious as to whether these people are teasing, or if they are really serious.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1302  
Old Posted Feb 14, 2014, 12:08 AM
Stenar's Avatar
Stenar Stenar is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 3,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaid Shirts View Post
ToysNoiz, as a fellow Utahn, just stop. You're embarrassing us all. Anyone with any knowledge knows Colorado has taller mountain than us. Just stop, now.
You're more embarrassing than ToysNoiz.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1303  
Old Posted Feb 14, 2014, 12:31 AM
RyanD's Avatar
RyanD RyanD is offline
Fast. Fun. Frequent.
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 2,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenar View Post
You're more embarrassing than ToysNoiz.
You know what's funny about all this? I know the Denver folk here on SSP and we're a bunch of light hearted, chill people. So I guarantee every single one of us is giggling, and laughing during all of this because we don't really care. You guys have your own thing going on and we're here to poke fun. Plaid Shirts gets it. He gets that this is a silly forum and the rest of you look like fools because you are taking all this to heart. Like I told you, if Seattle were to come in and do the same thing, we would be laughing and having a good time with it all.

That's the sole reason why I don't like interacting with SLC on here, you guys are buzz kills and take everything way too seriously. I really like Boise because they're the chill little brother that loves what they have going on and are very accepting of their size.

Why is Denver so 'negative' on our side of things? We're not. We know what Denver is capable of through trends and RESEARCH so we are disappointed when we're not getting it and know that Denver can do better. That can come off as negative but we are very prideful people and we have evidence to back it.

TL;DR CALM DAWN. Plaid Shirts gets it..

With love,

Denver
__________________
DenverInfill
DenverUrbanism
--------------------
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1304  
Old Posted Feb 14, 2014, 12:36 AM
Plaid Shirts Plaid Shirts is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanD View Post

That's the sole reason why I don't like interacting with SLC on here, you guys are buzz kills and take everything way too seriously. I really like Boise because they're the chill little brother that loves what they have going on and are very accepting of their size.

TL;DR CALM DAWN. Plaid Shirts gets it..

With love,

Denver
It's true, SLC people need to lighten up. This is coming from a SLCer.

Denver is a great city, so is SLC. Just in different ways. Even though Denver has more to offer
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1305  
Old Posted Feb 14, 2014, 12:42 AM
RyanD's Avatar
RyanD RyanD is offline
Fast. Fun. Frequent.
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 2,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaid Shirts View Post
It's true, SLC people need to lighten up. This is coming from a SLCer.

Denver is a great city, so is SLC. Just in different ways. Even though Denver has more to offer
Exactly. I really want to go to SLC one day to fulfill the curiosity of what you guys have going on there. Yes SLC'ers.. I want to travel there, take lots of photos, add it to my city collection. I'm sure you have a lot to offer there as well.

As a side note, we Denverites don't think Denver is the best city in the western hemisphere at all. We have a ton of work to do and we know we will never be a LA, SF, NYC, etc.. We would never want to aspire to that. It seems like you guys do though.. We are realists. We know the flaws Denver has, which is a long list, but we also know what Denver is good at. Every region needs a leader, and I hate to break it to you, but Denver is the leader of the Mountain West region. There's nothing you can do to debate that. Current growth is a great indicator of that statement.

You guys rock at things Denver doesn't rock at as well. Oh well. That's an issue with every city on the globe and we're fine with that. We're not going to throw tantrums and make fools of ourselves, we're going to accept it and see how we can improve it.
__________________
DenverInfill
DenverUrbanism
--------------------
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1306  
Old Posted Feb 14, 2014, 12:47 AM
seventwenty's Avatar
seventwenty seventwenty is offline
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Soon to be banned
Posts: 1,697
Then there's me. I'm a pig that likes to be in the mud.
__________________
The happy & obtuse bro.

"Of course you're right." Cirrus
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1307  
Old Posted Feb 14, 2014, 12:58 AM
ToysNoiz's Avatar
ToysNoiz ToysNoiz is offline
Destroy 200 S. Carl's Jr.
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 745
All love. I suppose that these posts just come off as being condescending. It felt like everything was better just because it was in CO. And I'm sorry if I've made a fool out of myself, I was just honestly shocked by what was said. I'll get off here now.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1308  
Old Posted Feb 14, 2014, 1:06 AM
RyanD's Avatar
RyanD RyanD is offline
Fast. Fun. Frequent.
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 2,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysNoiz View Post
It felt like everything was better just because it was in CO.
Well yeeeah.. That's because it is Haha.. I would love to see SLC make itself a 'real place' in the eyes of more than the USA. Denver is barely there but we're making pretty big strides to get there. SLC had the Olympics, which helps but, like Denver, we're still pretty effin' tiny dots on the map.. Grow my child. Take pride in what you are and not what you aspire to be, or else you all are just going to be constantly negative, pissed off, and sour to anyone who is bigger and better than you.

Also, during this whole debate, I was really disappointed by the lack of facts and sources from your guys' end. No reports to back up anything, no credible sources. That's what backs up our confidence, we can prove everything in an instant. I'm sure your city office puts out similar reports. Better be ready next time big 'ol Denver rolls around again..

Seventwenty.. That makes no sense..
__________________
DenverInfill
DenverUrbanism
--------------------
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1309  
Old Posted Feb 14, 2014, 1:18 AM
Sawtooth's Avatar
Sawtooth Sawtooth is offline
♏SeanTheBoiSean
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North End Historic District, Boise
Posts: 4,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
That's the sole reason why I don't like interacting with SLC on here, you guys are buzz kills and take everything way too seriously. I really like Boise because they're the chill little brother that loves what they have going on and are very accepting of their size.

This thread has been entertaining the past few days. Thanks for the brotherly comments RyanD.

I want to add that Boise is not insecure about itself and this city is high on civic pride thus translating to how us here at SSP behave. Boise has a strong identity and is sometimes at war with itself because there are those of us Boiseans who like the growth and there are some living here who don't like the fact Boise is growing and their paradise is changing.

Each of the three capitol cities represented in this forum serves up their own special and unique qualities to the table.
__________________
🌲Keep Idaho Green🌲
🌳The City of Trees #boise🌳
Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1310  
Old Posted Feb 14, 2014, 1:47 AM
seventwenty's Avatar
seventwenty seventwenty is offline
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Soon to be banned
Posts: 1,697
You know damn well what I meant, Ryan. Now I'm gonna defile all of your neighborhoods bars.
__________________
The happy & obtuse bro.

"Of course you're right." Cirrus
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1311  
Old Posted Feb 14, 2014, 1:50 AM
RyanD's Avatar
RyanD RyanD is offline
Fast. Fun. Frequent.
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 2,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventwenty View Post
You know damn well what I meant, Ryan. Now I'm gonna defile all of your neighborhoods bars.
Uptown bars? Psh have at it. My secret gems lie elsewhere.. Just call if you need moral support here in Uptown. The crowd is pretty ruthless here.
__________________
DenverInfill
DenverUrbanism
--------------------
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1312  
Old Posted Feb 14, 2014, 2:02 AM
The Dirt The Dirt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,215
Why are you guys all forgetting about Pueblo? As a city home to 4 Medal of Honor recipients, its certainly the Mountain West leader in courage. What's all this talk about mountains and skiing when you don't have the most important tourist amenity - a riverwalk? Pueblo happens to have the only (hense #1) downtown river walk in the region. I could go on but, I won't. None of your so-called cities can hold a candle to the beacon on the hill that is the City of Pueblo.

Last edited by The Dirt; Feb 14, 2014 at 2:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1313  
Old Posted Feb 14, 2014, 2:09 AM
bunt_q's Avatar
bunt_q bunt_q is offline
Provincial Bumpkin
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 13,203
Oh Dirt, we were all only ever arguing over second place. I thought everybody knew that.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1314  
Old Posted Feb 14, 2014, 2:29 AM
RyanD's Avatar
RyanD RyanD is offline
Fast. Fun. Frequent.
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 2,988
So I'm watching the Olympics right now and they just said this word for word: "A suburb of sleepy Salt Lake City, Utah..."
__________________
DenverInfill
DenverUrbanism
--------------------
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1315  
Old Posted Feb 14, 2014, 2:46 AM
Plaid Shirts Plaid Shirts is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
So I'm watching the Olympics right now and they just said this word for word: "A suburb of sleepy Salt Lake City, Utah..."
It is true. It seems like everything in the SLC metro are closes around 10pm. The downtown SLC nightlife is pretty lame as well.

Last edited by Plaid Shirts; Feb 14, 2014 at 3:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1316  
Old Posted Feb 14, 2014, 3:01 AM
RyanD's Avatar
RyanD RyanD is offline
Fast. Fun. Frequent.
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 2,988
They were doing a story on someone so they were like, so and so lives in [I don't remember the name], a suburb of sleepy Salt Lake City. But hey, SLC is on national TV so there is a pro to their con description..
__________________
DenverInfill
DenverUrbanism
--------------------
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1317  
Old Posted Feb 14, 2014, 3:02 AM
bunt_q's Avatar
bunt_q bunt_q is offline
Provincial Bumpkin
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 13,203
That hot skeleton chick? With three kids, naturally...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1318  
Old Posted Feb 14, 2014, 4:08 AM
seventwenty's Avatar
seventwenty seventwenty is offline
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Soon to be banned
Posts: 1,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaid Shirts View Post
It is true. It seems like everything in the SLC metro are closes around 10pm. The downtown SLC nightlife is pretty lame as well.
Brah, you're embarrassing your city.
__________________
The happy & obtuse bro.

"Of course you're right." Cirrus
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1319  
Old Posted Feb 14, 2014, 4:31 AM
Plaid Shirts Plaid Shirts is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunt_q View Post
That hot skeleton chick? With three kids, naturally...
Noelle Pikus-Pace is her name. You're right, she is hot.



She's from Orem, a suburb of Provo.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1320  
Old Posted Feb 14, 2014, 4:37 AM
Wizened Variations's Avatar
Wizened Variations Wizened Variations is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaid Shirts View Post
Noelle Pikus-Pace is her name. You're right, she is hot.



She's from Orem, a suburb of Provo.
Wow! Hey, that's not fair! There are bounds to this scholarly discussion

Oh yeah, if 5% of either Denver's or SLC's better half looked like that both cities would have 10,000,000 people metro.
__________________
Good read on relationship between increasing number of freeway lanes and traffic

http://www.vtpi.org/gentraf.pdf
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:13 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.