Quote:
Originally Posted by JHikka
I'm interested to know where in Millidgeville this is being built.
Also, Budget 2014 has set aside 200K for a feasibility study for Patridge Island breakwater (to make it accessible) and more money has been devoted to the Princess of Acadia, along with the other Maritime ferries (Madeleine-PEI & PEI-Nova Scotia).
|
I'm still a little confused by that budget announcement, given that there was a previous breakwater access engineering study done about 6-7 years ago (I know this because I was on the advisory committee). Seems like we're going to re-do the same work that was already done, most of which pointed to the ludicrous cost of building any sort of permanent road on the breakwater. I definitely want to see the island become a tourist draw someday, but IMO we have a whole list of lower cost, higher return projects that should be accomplished first.