So this will be gaining extra floors?

I was figuring something like that would occur just by looking at the situation now. The steel clearly appears like it would bear additional weight, and that Smillow wall (the section behind the crane) looks like it was designed where a new wing would join it in the future.
Quote:
|
Then another thing came up. I had mentioned before that they had a requirement to build more parking spaces when they demo'd the old civic center. So before they can tear down Penn Tower's garage, they need to build a 1,500 parking spot garage (6 stories) between the CHOP Colket tower and the existing parking garage. Apparently there is already a bit of a hole there (though I never have a reason to walk down that far). The garage will only take up about 2/3's of the lot. The 1/3 facing the street & HUP & CHOP's main buildings will be a "non-clinical" building that he foresees being 20-22 stories, and would be built after the garage. Sounds like I would move there once done (years from now).
|
There is a hole there (about 30 feet give or take)
Also is it true the Penn Tower was built in a rush for the Bicentennial with a short "design life"? I remember reading something about that here, and having been in the garage portion, it does has a "slapped up" feel to it....

I'm guessing those metal pieces at the top of the garage wall were added as reinforcement at some time yes?
Anyways, defiantly looking forward to any images if you can get them
P.S. Nice little snow hill you guys made there