HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #9381  
Old Posted Jan 28, 2014, 6:36 PM
WhipperSnapper's Avatar
WhipperSnapper WhipperSnapper is offline
I am the law!
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Toronto+
Posts: 22,898
What 2005 towers doesn't Guardian resemble? The podium is too heavy and there may be too much going on with the towers. I'm not a fan of towers where the penthouse levels have a completely different floorplate.
     
     
  #9382  
Old Posted Jan 28, 2014, 6:41 PM
Boris2k7's Avatar
Boris2k7 Boris2k7 is offline
Majestic
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Calgary
Posts: 11,960
The podium is heavy, aye, but I'll still take the Guardian over the ilk of Sasso/Vetro or the Nuera twins.
__________________
"The only thing that gets me through our winters is the knowledge that they're the only thing keeping us free of giant ass spiders." -MonkeyRonin

Flickr
     
     
  #9383  
Old Posted Jan 28, 2014, 6:45 PM
Chadillaccc's Avatar
Chadillaccc Chadillaccc is offline
ARTchitecture
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cala Ghearraidh
Posts: 22,842
I like Nuerra
__________________
Strong & Free

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.
     
     
  #9384  
Old Posted Jan 28, 2014, 8:24 PM
WhipperSnapper's Avatar
WhipperSnapper WhipperSnapper is offline
I am the law!
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Toronto+
Posts: 22,898
I think he's refering to the PoMo historcist podium. Nuera is a Frankenstein monster though
     
     
  #9385  
Old Posted Jan 28, 2014, 9:25 PM
TallBob TallBob is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,135
I think everyone on the forum has said the podium on Guardian is too massive. However, I do like the towers. A height differential would have been more appealing! More height on tower II would have been my preference! Calgary's residential high-rises are quite massive/bulky compared to say TO or Vancouver.
     
     
  #9386  
Old Posted Jan 28, 2014, 10:33 PM
O-tacular's Avatar
O-tacular O-tacular is online now
Fake News
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 26,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
I like Nuerra
Nuera had promise until that first sheet of teal spandrel went up alongside that hideous mustard coloured stucco. Had the crown in fact been glass the whole way up like in the rendering it would have even stunning. Not sure if it was dishonesty by the rendering or cutbacks by the developer but the outcome is still sad. I'm still not sure what to make of Alura either. On the one hand at least it's not identical, on the other it's proportions look weird. More of a tacked on hat than a crown.
     
     
  #9387  
Old Posted Jan 28, 2014, 10:35 PM
Chadillaccc's Avatar
Chadillaccc Chadillaccc is offline
ARTchitecture
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cala Ghearraidh
Posts: 22,842
Well at least Keynote is super nice.

Also, I looked at floor plans in Sasso and Vitro, they are excellent, and the views are awesome.
Speaking of proposals though, is the Marriott ClubSport going to have any residences? Or is it just hotel and commercial? Regardless, I'm getting very excited to see that block transform!
__________________
Strong & Free

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.
     
     
  #9388  
Old Posted Jan 28, 2014, 11:38 PM
WhipperSnapper's Avatar
WhipperSnapper WhipperSnapper is offline
I am the law!
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Toronto+
Posts: 22,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallBob View Post
I think everyone on the forum has said the podium on Guardian is too massive. However, I do like the towers. A height differential would have been more appealing! More height on tower II would have been my preference! Calgary's residential high-rises are quite massive/bulky compared to say TO or Vancouver.
Bulkier than Toronto?
     
     
  #9389  
Old Posted Jan 29, 2014, 12:22 AM
Chadillaccc's Avatar
Chadillaccc Chadillaccc is offline
ARTchitecture
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cala Ghearraidh
Posts: 22,842
__________________
Strong & Free

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.
     
     
  #9390  
Old Posted Jan 29, 2014, 7:35 AM
TallBob TallBob is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,135
^^ Burrard Gateway..... Wanted in Calgary!! Nice render Chad. ^^
     
     
  #9391  
Old Posted Jan 29, 2014, 7:36 AM
ue ue is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: WPG
Posts: 9,493
That looks very slick. Nice job, Vancouver.
     
     
  #9392  
Old Posted Jan 29, 2014, 12:35 PM
FrankieFlowerpot's Avatar
FrankieFlowerpot FrankieFlowerpot is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,478
Big news from Toronto at 410 Front St West (The Globe Lands) - presenting The Well

http://www.urbantoronto.ca/news/2014/01/...amond-unveil-major-toronto-redevelopment
     
     
  #9393  
Old Posted Jan 29, 2014, 12:44 PM
caltrane74's Avatar
caltrane74 caltrane74 is offline
gettin' rich!
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 34,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieFlowerpot View Post
Big news from Toronto at 410 Front St West (The Globe Lands) - presenting The Well

http://www.urbantoronto.ca/news/2014/01/...amond-unveil-major-toronto-redevelopment
Building a City from scratch

This development on a patch of low industrial land and parking space for an auto dealership is a ground breaking development..Very exciting, and stylish.





The downtown core continues to push deeper west to Bathurst.

...
..
. Next Stop Dufferin, when the CNE / Exhibition Grounds Get redeveloped. I think Dufferin is set to become the hard western boundary of Downtown Toronto. This development along with King West Entertainment District has thoroughly pushed to downtown core to Bathurst. The further west and north the downtown core gets the bigger it feels.
     
     
  #9394  
Old Posted Jan 29, 2014, 1:08 PM
Ramako's Avatar
Ramako Ramako is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,415
This will include a 34 story office tower by Pickard Chilton. Their major projects include Eight Avenue Place, Devon Energy Centre, River Point, 300 North LaSalle, 1180 Peachtree and BG Group Place.
     
     
  #9395  
Old Posted Jan 29, 2014, 2:31 PM
Innsertnamehere's Avatar
Innsertnamehere Innsertnamehere is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 12,896
I can't help but feel that 35 floors is too much on that side of spadina.. I'm not a fan of much more than 20 floors on that side, even if it is just because I know that if one tower gets approved the OMB will approve all towers..
     
     
  #9396  
Old Posted Jan 29, 2014, 2:40 PM
FrankieFlowerpot's Avatar
FrankieFlowerpot FrankieFlowerpot is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,478
There's 35+ storey buildings just across the train tracks
     
     
  #9397  
Old Posted Jan 29, 2014, 3:44 PM
travis3000's Avatar
travis3000 travis3000 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Simcoe County, ON
Posts: 6,506
^ Very interesting proposal in Toronto. I imagine that will be a 15 year project until it's done given the large scope. 1 million+ of commercial space plus 1 million+ of residential is huge and will take time. Especially building out 7 acres. Has big potential though
     
     
  #9398  
Old Posted Jan 29, 2014, 3:47 PM
MTLskyline's Avatar
MTLskyline MTLskyline is offline
The good old days are now
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,258
That project is fantastic! It's exactly what that part of town needs. I think it is probably the nicest mid-rise project in the country.
__________________
Montreal Skyline Photo Group
     
     
  #9399  
Old Posted Jan 29, 2014, 9:20 PM
MonkeyRonin's Avatar
MonkeyRonin MonkeyRonin is online now
¥ ¥ ¥
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,671
More renderings:












__________________
     
     
  #9400  
Old Posted Jan 29, 2014, 9:21 PM
J.OT13's Avatar
J.OT13 J.OT13 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 29,131
Very nice!
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:22 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.