Quote:
Originally Posted by VanK
Yes. $3M is way too much. You can't compare the transactions on an absolute price basis - mainly because lots sizes are different. In my opinion, ROUGH land prices along Cambie should be in the Plus/Minus $150/buildable square foot range. = 13,500sf x $150 = $2,025,000. Now in my personal opinion, the buildable lot values down in the Marine Drive area vs Oakridge/King Ed should be lower. Coupled with the fact that most of the major developers who want to be on Cambie have already bought, there is less demand for Cambie Corridor lots. At $3,000,000 = $222 per buildable square foot. Yes this is WAY too much IMO.
|
Thanks Vank, I saw some old houses, which have similar lots in the Marpole area and are not under the Cambie Corridor Plan, are asking 1.5M to 1.8M. So I guess $2M might be way to low if his house has the potential for a 6 storey building. I also think since almost all Marpole residents are opposed to the Marpole Rezoning plan, the plan will eventually be dead, and the supply of land will be pretty limited in the Marpole area. I will tell him in order to get a good price near $3M, and he just needs to wait a few more years.
Since my uncle is really old, if he doesn't get a premium price, he really has no motivation to move. So I believe in the coming years the development along Cambie street will slow down a lot.