HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #841  
Old Posted Dec 15, 2013, 8:45 PM
Chadillaccc's Avatar
Chadillaccc Chadillaccc is offline
ARTchitecture
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cala Ghearraidh
Posts: 22,842
What a buzzkill! I was hoping for some CtrlAltDel loveliness!!!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #842  
Old Posted Dec 15, 2013, 9:58 PM
Spring2008 Spring2008 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lower Mount Royal, Calgary
Posts: 5,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbp View Post
Anyone notice Edmonton`s "possible new tallest"
once the municipal airport is shut down?? +900 feet guys!
keep ur eyes open for a taller, non-fantasy, non-amateur land swap here
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #843  
Old Posted Dec 15, 2013, 10:01 PM
Chadillaccc's Avatar
Chadillaccc Chadillaccc is offline
ARTchitecture
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cala Ghearraidh
Posts: 22,842
hahaha!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #844  
Old Posted Dec 15, 2013, 10:57 PM
RicoLance21's Avatar
RicoLance21 RicoLance21 is offline
Bring buildings to life
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Windsor Park, Calgary
Posts: 2,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbp View Post
Anyone notice Edmonton`s "possible new tallest"
once the municipal airport is shut down?? +900 feet guys!
I think the chances that this project moving to Calgary will be greater than the project becoming a reality in Edmonton at this height.

Sorry, but I don't think Edmonton will have its version of the 'John Hancock' tower, even with the Arena District flourishing better than expected.

Even if the Edmontonian does become a reality, Calgary will beat it in a heartbeat once completed. Also, I can guarantee that no tower afterwards in Edmonton will be built taller than the Edmontonian for another 50 years -- at least.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #845  
Old Posted Dec 15, 2013, 11:02 PM
Design-mind's Avatar
Design-mind Design-mind is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoLance21 View Post
I think the chances that this project moving to Calgary will be greater than the project becoming a reality in Edmonton at this height.

Sorry, but I don't think Edmonton will have its version of the 'John Hancock' tower, even with the Arena District flourishing better than expected.
I doubt that will happen as the architect is from Sherwood Park and the developer is from Edmonton.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #846  
Old Posted Dec 15, 2013, 11:08 PM
RicoLance21's Avatar
RicoLance21 RicoLance21 is offline
Bring buildings to life
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Windsor Park, Calgary
Posts: 2,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Design-mind View Post
I doubt that will happen as the architect is from Sherwood Park and the developer is from Edmonton.
That's the point. The project's chance is slim to none at best.

Last edited by RicoLance21; Dec 15, 2013 at 11:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #847  
Old Posted Dec 16, 2013, 1:14 AM
Rusty van Reddick's Avatar
Rusty van Reddick Rusty van Reddick is offline
formerly-furry flâneur
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bankview, Calgary
Posts: 6,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbp View Post
Anyone notice Edmonton`s "possible new tallest"
once the municipal airport is shut down?? +900 feet guys!
Wrong thread. Wrong city and wrong thread.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #848  
Old Posted Dec 16, 2013, 4:20 AM
Spring2008 Spring2008 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lower Mount Royal, Calgary
Posts: 5,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Design-mind View Post
I doubt that will happen as the architect is from Sherwood Park and the developer is from Edmonton.
Better than the usual group of Millwoods architects and developers I suppose lol.

We need a future render with the Eau-Claire Market towers included!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #849  
Old Posted Dec 16, 2013, 2:04 PM
Bigtime's Avatar
Bigtime Bigtime is offline
Very tall. Such Scrape.
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 17,727
Every time someone that is NOT CtrlAltDel bumps this thread after a long hiatus it makes baby Jesus cry.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #850  
Old Posted Dec 16, 2013, 5:03 PM
Innersoul1's Avatar
Innersoul1 Innersoul1 is offline
City of Blinding Lights
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
Every time someone that is NOT CtrlAltDel bumps this thread after a long hiatus it makes baby Jesus cry.


*Slow Clap* My friend!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #851  
Old Posted Dec 16, 2013, 5:09 PM
O-tacular's Avatar
O-tacular O-tacular is online now
Fake News
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 26,274
Dammit I thought CAD might have posted something new after all our talk and here it's just Biggy and Innersoul joking about people besides CAD bumping the thread! And now I just bumped the thread too!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #852  
Old Posted Dec 24, 2013, 9:45 PM
The Fisher Account's Avatar
The Fisher Account The Fisher Account is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bridgeland - Calgary, AB
Posts: 1,023
Please post your latest here CAD! I need the big version!!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #853  
Old Posted Dec 24, 2013, 10:33 PM
CtrlAltDel CtrlAltDel is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Calgary
Posts: 741
This isn't my favorite picture I've done,but I felt like I should post something since it's been so long.

There are about 30+ developments in here, with many more to be added. I will continue to add them when I get the chance. Sorry for the wait. I have a few more I will post in the new year.

Calgary from the sky, year 2020:


Merry Christmas everyone!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #854  
Old Posted Dec 24, 2013, 10:42 PM
skrish's Avatar
skrish skrish is offline
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Calgary
Posts: 840
Awesome! Thanks for the wonderful Christmas gift buddy.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #855  
Old Posted Dec 24, 2013, 10:52 PM
shogged's Avatar
shogged shogged is offline
someone
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 453
Excellent Christmas gift cad!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #856  
Old Posted Dec 25, 2013, 3:48 AM
O-tacular's Avatar
O-tacular O-tacular is online now
Fake News
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 26,274
Thanks for the Christmas gift CAD! Hmm,.... What are those projects in the west end of DT? The ones overtop of the current Greyhound building.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #857  
Old Posted Dec 25, 2013, 4:13 AM
Spring2008 Spring2008 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lower Mount Royal, Calgary
Posts: 5,147
Looking good. Thanks CAD! And to think that doesn't even include the upcoming proposals over the next few years.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #858  
Old Posted Dec 25, 2013, 6:37 AM
Luk_o's Avatar
Luk_o Luk_o is offline
Traditional Ale User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ramsay,CGY
Posts: 446
Fantastic as always CAD. Cudos!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #859  
Old Posted Dec 25, 2013, 7:08 PM
Just Build It's Avatar
Just Build It Just Build It is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,631
Awesome!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #860  
Old Posted Dec 25, 2013, 8:14 PM
Witty Nickname's Avatar
Witty Nickname Witty Nickname is offline
Look up, Waaaaaay up
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calgary
Posts: 2,348
Stellar!
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:57 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.