HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Dec 24, 2013, 9:09 AM
Loco101's Avatar
Loco101 Loco101 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Timmins, Northern Ontario
Posts: 9,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by TbayON View Post
I wouldn't count too much on a Lowes yet. I think with Target's cold reception in Canada and the failure of Big Lots (at least according to company big wigs), American retailers are going to be a little more weary of jumping full on into the Canadian marketplace (I know Lowes is in Canada already, but not widespread). Canada was seen as a grand, unexploited market for many large American retailers without a presence here up until recently, I think that may be changing a bit. Thunder Bay contractors and many residents also tend to be very loyal to several local lumber yards. Home Depot locally has been a failure if one considers their original plans for Thunder Bay (which involved closing down pretty much every local lumber yard within a year of opening).

As for Costco, I would think they are one of the most likely big box stores to set up shop here. I am not sure the grocery marketplace in T.Bay has reached the saturation point yet, even with the arrival of No Frills. No matter the chain, grocery stores are always busy here. Costco would surely be an anchor tenant to get development going in adjacent lands if they permit development.
I live in Timmins and shop in Sudbury quite often. I was surprised at how fewer stores T-Bay has when visiting there compared to Sudbury. I realized Greater Sudbury has slightly more people but both cities draw people from huge areas.

What I think T-Bay really should have because of its market size:

Costco
Lowe's
Princess Auto
Cora or Tutti Frutti breakfast type restaurant
Toppers Pizza
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:36 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.