Quote:
Originally Posted by viewguysf
It indeed will and is much needed, but I'm tired of towers putting skinny sticks on top to supposedly make them taller. To me, they shouldn't be counted as official height unless they are substantial and well integrated into the architectural design of the building (as in the Chrysler Building). Trump tower in Chicago and even 1 WTC come to mind as fluff, and this tower will join that list for me.
|
Pretty sure the architects went with the spire because it will be unique for LA in an otherwise flat-topped skyline, rather than some imagined height competition. In a time when hundreds of supertalls are u/c and proposed (and even a couple megatalls), I doubt an 1,100 tower will be that big a deal to the world.
As someone who lives near LA, I'm more excited about how this building will help in Downtown's revitalization and of course it's skyline than it's official height.