HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations



Related Pages:  • Chicago Projects & Construction Forum  • Chicago Highrise Developments Map


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #12321  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2013, 1:49 AM
Frankie Frankie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 99
Northwestern Biomedical Research Building

     
     
  #12322  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2013, 2:56 AM
Chi-Sky21 Chi-Sky21 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,356
Good work on the rendering Tungsten. Glad i didn't have to wait 5 years to see the finished project!
     
     
  #12323  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2013, 4:15 AM
BVictor1's Avatar
BVictor1 BVictor1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 10,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by wierdaaron View Post
Have you heard this ruckus about the 151 N Franklin tower glass being the potential cause of some kind of bird genocide?

http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20131203/...door-outdoor-greenspace-worrying-birders
These people always come out of the woodwork when there's a new high-rise being planned.

Not only that, there was actually a lady last night who spoke up and complained about smokers around the new potential tower.

I had to bite my tongue so I wouldn't say anything rude and condescending.
     
     
  #12324  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2013, 3:14 PM
TowerSpotter's Avatar
TowerSpotter TowerSpotter is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Houston / El Salvador
Posts: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by J

and my latest try at putting 150 N Riverside into a River Point Video freeze frame.
[URL=http://s592.photobucket.com/user/JMTUNGSTEN/media/New%20pics/85004419-E437-42BB-BABD-A587CF14B720.jpg.html
[/URL]
That came out pretty well
     
     
  #12325  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2013, 3:31 PM
wierdaaron's Avatar
wierdaaron wierdaaron is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,012
>Implying that mine wasn't perfect.

     
     
  #12326  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2013, 5:02 PM
brian_b brian_b is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamInTheLoop View Post
I'd characterize it as 'light' activity, at least as of this morning....and, it was all on the 1345 side (smaller, southern portion of the overall site)....
I would have guessed site cleanup/prep, but this morning there was definitely work going on. It appeared as though the workers had driven some piles around where you would imagine an elevator core being located. I didn't get a close look - I was riding my bike and it was cold...

It warrants a closer look.
     
     
  #12327  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2013, 6:12 PM
SamInTheLoop SamInTheLoop is offline
you know where I'll be
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,578
^ Yes, noticed it was more intensive than I'd at first thought as well. One or both of these towers could immediately move 'back' into being officially under construction, as don't forget - foundation work for both is either entirely or largely already complete....
     
     
  #12328  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2013, 6:14 PM
SamInTheLoop SamInTheLoop is offline
you know where I'll be
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,578
Newcastle Apartment Tower

Thanks for the photo update, Hayward. Nice to see visible progress here...
     
     
  #12329  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2013, 6:29 PM
SamInTheLoop SamInTheLoop is offline
you know where I'll be
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,578
LSE Next Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_M_Tungsten View Post
With the completion of Coast, and the building of GEMS Academy, has there been any other talks of development within Lake Shore East? There are still many prime lots available, and I can't believe with all the other proposals going on in the city, we haven't seen anything out of LSE. Has the area lost it's mass appeal or is there something big brewing?

As far as I know, next tower (aside from GEMS phase II of course) being hotel/residential at site 'O', nestled between Aqua podium and BCBS plaza. Potential hotels of Yotel and SLS. Why is Magellan dragging its feet a little? My suspicion is that they may be hesitating whether to go all rental for the residential portion, all condo, all rental to planned condo conversion, partial rental/partial condo, or partial condo/partial rental to planned condo conversion. My view is it's a phenomenal site, stop hemming and hawing, pick one of the above, go all in, and build - the location will carry the day here no matter the residential strategy....
     
     
  #12330  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2013, 7:33 PM
Skyguy_7 Skyguy_7 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,657
174 W Randolph

Drove past the surface lot at 174 W Randolph today (Just east of Randolph Tower) Parking is closed, all signs removed. Ready for action? I recall reading something recently about this one..
     
     
  #12331  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2013, 7:42 PM
Mr Downtown's Avatar
Mr Downtown Mr Downtown is offline
Urbane observer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,393
Weirdaaron, I definitely want to have a beer with you.

But how did you miss having a three-wolf moon at Wolf Point????
     
     
  #12332  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2013, 7:57 PM
BB 1871 BB 1871 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 View Post
Drove past the surface lot at 174 W Randolph today (Just east of Randolph Tower) Parking is closed, all signs removed. Ready for action? I recall reading something recently about this one..
This isn't a good sign...

http://www.chicagorealestatedaily.com/ar...where-former-city-official-planned-tower
     
     
  #12333  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2013, 8:11 PM
SamInTheLoop SamInTheLoop is offline
you know where I'll be
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,578
^ It was a pretty drab design.....I wouldn't be sad to see that proposal go....hopefully the site winds up in more design-savvy hands....

Last edited by SamInTheLoop; Dec 5, 2013 at 8:42 PM.
     
     
  #12334  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2013, 8:14 PM
Skyguy_7 Skyguy_7 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,657
^That was the article. Perhaps they're just making way for the next parking service conglomerate to come in..
     
     
  #12335  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2013, 8:33 PM
the urban politician the urban politician is offline
The City
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago region
Posts: 21,329
^ Well, they've got to be planning something if they aren't worried about doing away with the parking revenue. Of course, if this is a foreclosure and the lender has gotten a hold of it, that might be different.

This now gets to be a mystery lot... always exciting
     
     
  #12336  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2013, 8:49 PM
SamInTheLoop SamInTheLoop is offline
you know where I'll be
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,578
1333/1345 S Wabash

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_b View Post
I would have guessed site cleanup/prep, but this morning there was definitely work going on. It appeared as though the workers had driven some piles around where you would imagine an elevator core being located. I didn't get a close look - I was riding my bike and it was cold...

It warrants a closer look.

Took a (slightly) closer look.....whatever they're doing, they clearly need a permit (not that this is too meaningful of a statement - I mean, c'mon - it's Chicago, I'm surprised you can pull weeds without needing to also pull a permit (actually, can you?)....

At any rate, marothisu - where you at?
     
     
  #12337  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2013, 9:45 PM
TowerSpotter's Avatar
TowerSpotter TowerSpotter is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Houston / El Salvador
Posts: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by wierdaaron View Post
>Implying that mine wasn't perfect.

no lol I just now saw yours.
     
     
  #12338  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2013, 11:08 PM
HomrQT's Avatar
HomrQT HomrQT is offline
All-American City Boy
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hinsdale / Uptown, Chicago
Posts: 1,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_M_Tungsten View Post

and my latest try at putting 150 N Riverside into a River Point Video freeze frame.
Awesome image. Shouldn't 150 N Riverside be taller than 200 North Riverside?
     
     
  #12339  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2013, 11:46 PM
J_M_Tungsten's Avatar
J_M_Tungsten J_M_Tungsten is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,379
^Yep, you are correct. Rather than looking up the height, I based my comparison off another render of 150 N compared to the Boeing building. It's updated to show 150 N to be roughly 50' taller than River Point; 700'. Thanks for catching that!

Last edited by J_M_Tungsten; Dec 6, 2013 at 12:10 AM.
     
     
  #12340  
Old Posted Dec 6, 2013, 12:05 AM
J_M_Tungsten's Avatar
J_M_Tungsten J_M_Tungsten is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,379
Today
Catalyst
Note the cement trucks on the overpass. Waiting to go to Arkadia.




A (rough) look ahead

Last edited by J_M_Tungsten; Dec 6, 2013 at 12:19 AM.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:15 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.