Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan
Part of the problem is that it turned to record-breaking cold temps and getting the paint to dry properly was an issue.
I wasn't really distracted by it, but I guess it was a bigger deal to some of you.
Something else I heard discussed though, was the product placement Kubota got... Ti-cat O-lineman, Dyakowski, got injured basically on top of the Kubota field ad... and was carted off the field in a Kubota cart. I was at the game, so i don't know if Kubota had an ad play on TV near that point as well.
|
Its the Cold and CFL culture. The NFL rolls out new turf for each Super Bowl and you don't get the issues of paint like in the CFL and for some NCAA bowl games. They donate the turf to a school after but its a hefty 300K price tag for carpet that will be used for one night. The CFL could have every CIS Football program with new turf in 15 years if it adopted the same approach. It would be a cool idea but the CFL has never felt the need to for the expense just yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elly63
The "Ancient" Stadium (Looks in good shape to me)

|
It needs grass back. Never liked when they switched away from it.