HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Nov 22, 2013, 6:06 PM
O-tacular's Avatar
O-tacular O-tacular is online now
Fake News
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 26,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkahHigh View Post
Personnally, I love Montreal's skyline. But then again, my opinion is biased

I believe Montreal is doing well economically, being a majorily french-speaking city in an all-anglophone country and continent. Our downtown still has 7 skyscrapers over 150 meters with two more under construction. Plus, we have an office tower under construction with 3 more over 100 meters that are proposed (750 Peel, QdS Tower and 900 de Maisonneuve)... The future is looking good for our downtown.

Besides, I would rather have a large and dense downtown with two 200m+ towers and a dozen 130m+ towers, than have two 250m+ towers and a few small towers, like Charlotte or Cleveland...

Cleveland:

http://pics4.city-data.com/cpicc/cfiles51220.jpg

Charlotte:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0a/Charlotte_Skyline_2011_-_Ricky_W.jpg
Both Charlotte and Cleveland have some amazing pomo towers. It may not be dense but I find Charlotte's to be one of the nicest skylines aesthetically speaking.
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:58 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.