HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Nov 14, 2013, 11:36 PM
ckkelley's Avatar
ckkelley ckkelley is offline
Bridge Walker!
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: The Forest City
Posts: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharn View Post
Take it from someone who has to deal with tenants as part of my job: tread carefully with "income suites". You may get excellent people who you'd love to rent to all day long, and there's nothing stopping low-income folks can be excellent tenants (so don't automatically disqualify East London). But Ontario's tenancy laws are basically put in place to destroy landlords, so watch out when you get someone bad, it will be a nightmare either dealing with them or trying to get them out. If you have any questions about this in future, just message me, I've basically been forced to memorize the RTA this summer.

The LTC is improving, even during the 4 years I went to Western, but this is an automobile city. If you're not on one of the core service routes, have fun. If you plan to go somewhere on Sunday, rest assured that there is Sunday service on many routes. But still, bring a car.

I'm going to echo what Molson said, London is a great place to live (if you can eke out a living, which a lot of people are having trouble with) but an exceptionally boring city for visitors. You would only ever go there if you had family and wanted to hang around with them, in which case there's plenty to do, but nothing that you wouldn't find somewhere like Toronto. Although that being said, living in Woodstock I've come to think of London as the "big city". Sad, ain't it?
Thanks for your insight and offers of help. I know there are plenty of potential pitfalls with managing rental property so I may well likely call upon your experience in that regard. Thanks again, I appreciate it.

I have decided to move back to London and the advice and input from those of you on this thread weighed substantially in my decision.

Thank you boys!

Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:48 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.